• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Constitutional Carry in Maine (Becomes Effective 10/14/15)

It has passed the Legislature and is awaiting the Gov's signature. I do not know when or where, but the word is that LaPage has scheduled a signing ceremony as he sees it as something to celebrate. It will become effective 90 days after the legislature adjourns which right now is scheduled for July 15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a done deal! Signed and the law of Maine. It will become effective 90 days after the legislature adjourns (July 16?)

Time to celebrate!

NH still requires a non resident license right?

Ray... I am not sure what you mean. Do you mean if a Mainer wants to get a NH non-resident permit, then they must also have their ME permit to apply for one in NH? If that is what you mean then yes.

IF you are asking how NH constitutional carry fared, their Gov. vetoed it last week.

Ray... I am not sure what you mean. Do you mean if a Mainer wants to get a NH non-resident permit, then they must also have their ME permit to apply for one in NH? If that is what you mean then yes.

IF you are asking how NH constitutional carry fared, their Gov. vetoed it last week.

Just making sure I still need my NH non resident license when I'm traveling through the 3 northern states this summer.

I used to get writer's cramp filling out all the pages that needed to get stuffed into the envelope for a non-resi license. Oh yeah, and going out to get a passport type pic too. Save 40 bucks and all the hassle. Gonna keep the old one in the wallet for old times.

That's unclear to me as well, people keep posting the date July 15, but is that when the legislature adjourns, or is that the date which is 90 days post adjournment?

That's unclear to me as well, people keep posting the date July 15, but is that when the legislature adjourns, or is that the date which is 90 days post adjournment?

90 days post adjournment. Right now, LaPage is saying they adjourned last week. The Legislature is saying they have not adjourned yet. I am not sure what the good governor is doing, but it because of it I really have no idea when adjournment will legally be,.

Well, Maine has made it back into the top 5 states I'm possibly heading to once I finally manage to get off my a** and out of MA.

The more pro-gun people the better. Most of the MA people who move up here are not. If you know any anti-gunners down there.. make sure they stay there when you come up. :)

Back
Top Bottom