• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Constitutional Carry: Good or Bad for Gun Owners in the Long Run

Rockrivr1

NES Member
First off let me start this with I'm a firm believer in Constitutional Carry and would love to see it morph into National Reciprocity for all states.

But I'm wondering whether Constitutional Carry plays into the Dems hands in the long run. Lets face it. We all know someone we wouldn't trust with a tooth brush but they now have unfettered access to guns and the ability to carry them in these Constitutional Carry States. Is that actually a good think for gun owners in the long run? These retards will do things that bring bad press to us gun owners and give the Dinks more ammunition against us. No I don't have an answer and I'll keep cheering as States convert to CC, but it does make me wonder.

First off let me start this with I'm a firm believer in Constitutional Carry and would love to see it morph into National Reciprocity for all states.

But I'm wondering whether Constitutional Carry plays into the Dems hands in the long run. Lets face it. We all know someone we wouldn't trust with a tooth brush but they now have unfettered access to guns and the ability to carry them in these Constitutional Carry States. Is that actually a good think for gun owners in the long run? These retards will do things that bring bad press to us gun owners and give the Dinks more ammunition against us. No I don't have an answer and I'll keep cheering as States convert to CC, but it does make me wonder.
National Reciprocity is a cure to a problem that shouldn't exist. It allows states to set permitting requirements but then be honored among all states. In the current permitting scheme, it could be subject to abuse by states like NY and NJ that want to place massive burdens on what is required to obtain and maintain a license. It would be great to have that license honored everywhere, but such shouldn't even be a requirement in the first place.

National Reciprocity is a cure to a problem that shouldn't exist. It allows states to set permitting requirements but then be honored among all states. In the current permitting scheme, it could be subject to abuse by states like NY and NJ that want to place massive burdens on what is required to obtain and maintain a license. It would be great to have that license honored everywhere, but such shouldn't even be a requirement in the first place.
No permits ! f*** that shit

Lets face it. We all know someone we wouldn't trust with a tooth brush but they now have unfettered access to guns and the ability to carry them in these Constitutional Carry States. Is that actually a good think for gun owners in the long run? These retards will do things that bring bad press to us gun owners and give the Dinks more ammunition against us.
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson

Not sure if serious

A right is a right. Even if someone i hate has access to it. Also your thinking is very myopic if you think those people misuse guns do you really think they're going to care about or obey some stupid f****** carry law? 🤣 really? 🤣

Also places like Vermont and other states have basically had lawful carry permitless for f****** decades and basically nothing happend. I don't expect anything different from this, as most people don't or won't carry. Even for a moron a gun is still a burden.

Last edited:
This is it exactly. CC is great for those who can't count on the police, but its cost is retards and malicious actors ruining it for everyone.
Not sure how constitutional Carry has anything to do with malicious actors... do you guys really think that Constitutional Carry has /anything/ to do with somebody who isn't going to care about "muh laws" to begin with? 🤣

Wow.

Not sure how constitutional Carry has anything to do with malicious actors... do you guys really think that Constitutional Carry has /anything/ to do with somebody who isn't going to care about "muh laws" to begin with? 🤣

Wow.
You know...forget the malicious actors for a moment.

I just want to see someone with a Radio Flyer wagon, carting around a small cannon. NES, don't let me down, who's done this?

You know...forget the malicious actors for a moment.

I just want to see someone with a Radio Flyer wagon, carting around a small cannon. NES, don't let me down, who's done this?

Maybe some kind of cannon that can be towed behind @Reptile ‘s Ruckus? Then have him tow it through like northampton or something…. 🤣

Is that actually a good thing for gun owners in the long run?
That's a brave thing to ask on NES. [laugh] But in a world with the deranged left encouraging every crazy form of mental illness, violence and crime known (and yet unknown) to man, maybe it's not such a weird question. So far, constitutional carry has become the law mostly in relatively sane states... those without world-record-setting crime problems. What happens if it become the law in the freaky, pro-crime, leftist Soros states?

I think a more interesting question to have asked is: If you had to choose, would you rather have unlicensed carry in your own state? Or licenses with full carry reciprocity with all states (like driver's licenses)? 🤔

This is it exactly. CC is great for those who can't count on the police, but its cost is retards and malicious actors ruining it for everyone.
Who gets to determine what level of retard is the threshold?
85 IQ?
100?
125?

Plenty of very intelligent people whom I wouldn't want to be around if they are armed.

That's a brave thing to ask on NES. [laugh] But in a world with the deranged left encouraging every crazy form of mental illness, violence and crime known (and yet unknown) to man, maybe it's not such a weird question. So far, constitutional carry has become the law mostly in relatively sane states... those without world-record-setting crime problems. What happens if it become the law in the freaky, pro-crime, leftist Soros states?

I think a more interesting question to have asked is: If you had to choose, would you rather have unlicensed carry in your own state? Or licenses with full carry reciprocity with all states (like driver's licenses)? 🤔
Recovery of gun rights has not resulted in blood baths in any of the states where it has occurred notwithstanding the loudest of the liberals consternation.

Criminals will always criminal but will operate with greater caution when their prey has teeth.

CC is fine but I’m keeping my cards in 2 states. I’m not traveling far nor do I want to. My permit allows passage into Acadia later this year. I wish it allowed carrying into the Allagash Wilderness.

Having a permit should be reason enough to bypass any private sale or waiting period but we know the antis would never allow it.

2A is not a 2nd Class right. Once the courts affirm it, it's all over for the Left. They can go away just like they did after 20-100 years with segregation. When your rules can't stand up in court, it is sort of foolish to keep yapping about them.

Con-Carry-50-2030! Better than Koni2012.

Sure, idiots are terrified of the average person owning a gun, yet see no problem with the vast array of mental midgets that get to be parents - those are the retards that cause damage.
They want to make sure people aren't burdened by being parents too. A pill for every ailment. "Got a problem in your life? We've got the cure. Hard work is not required."

If permits are shall issue, it doesn’t address the idiot concern. If someone isn’t eligible for a shall issue permit, then they aren’t eligible to buy/own a gun. Maybe it does make it easier for anti-gunners to argue (since non-gun people don’t understand no carry permit has no bearing on NICS), but I don’t think it makes a world of difference.

A FPP that can’t pass a NICS to get a gun, and who gets one anyway, isn’t going to follow CCW laws.

A look into private party sales would more directly address people with guns that aren’t allowed (FPP) vs carry permits. Anti-gunners seem more concerned as of late with where people can carry and not who can buy guns without a NICS.

Let's see ... how has it worked for Vermont, the Stste with the longest Constitutional Carry?

NES says there are a lot of meth heads up there, but I don't hear horror stories.

There is always going to be someone out there thst thinks you can't be trusted, be it a gun, a knife, a car ... so, if we go by that no one will be able to drive, buy guns, buy alcohol ...
Also, what you mentioned is one of the argument they use in favor of red flag laws.

Back
Top Bottom