Constitution Check article on Yahoo

doctorbossman

NES Member
A good article regarding the cases trying to get audience in from the the US Supreme Court. Discusses the courts reluctance to hear cases regarding the "bear" arms portion of the 2nd Amendment. Culled from constitutioncenter.org.
I'm glad to see a 2nd Amendment article on Yahoo's front page that isn't grotesquely anti-gun rights.
http://news.yahoo.com/constitution-check-does-mean-bear-guns-110205014.html

Interesting article. Of all the potential "bear arms" cases that could be brought to the Supreme Court, is one dealing with a minor's right to bear arms really the best choice? It seems like the "save the children" bleeding hearts could mount a much stronger protest compared to one that dealt with adults.

Interesting article. Of all the potential "bear arms" cases that could be brought to the Supreme Court, is one dealing with a minor's right to bear arms really the best choice? It seems like the "save the children" bleeding hearts could mount a much stronger protest compared to one that dealt with adults.

I read about the case a while ago, so not current on facts. BUT, if they make the case that "children" 17-20 can enlist, carry full-auto weapons in foreign countries, shoot at people and be shot back . . . then return home to be disenfranchised as "children" who can't be trusted with a handgun . . . I think that there are possibilities here that the USSC might rule in our favor, even if very narrowly.

Unlike many here, I worked directly with many US Navy personnel (enlisted and officers) for a number of years (even though I never served) and have nothing but respect for our Veterans! If there are to be any privileged classes, I'm one of those that would unhesitatingly give special privileges to anyone that has served in any US Military unit!! Since they signed a "blank check" offering to give up everything up to and including their lives for this country, IMNSHO they have EARNED any special privileges that we can give them! YMMV

Back
Top Bottom