consistently inconsistent

I've probably shot around 20 rounds of skeet now and I have a weird pattern going on the last five or so rounds I'll break 18 or 19 then the next round will be 12 or 13 then back to 18 back to 12. I don't think im doing anything different I just feel on them one round then not on them the next. Is this some weird mental block? Over confidence? Just curious to what I could do to stay more consistent.

Same thing happened with me the other day. Hit 32 in a row, then missed my next 18 or so. Ended with hitting my last 10 or so. Father in law has been shooting trap for 40+ years and same thing, would hit some, would miss some. Both agree its nothing we're doing or not doing, sometimes you hit, sometimes you miss

I would say that you could be having mental lapses or that you are not consistently mounting your shotgun the same everytime.

If you know your score when you leave the field, then your mind is not in the right place.

In trap, I tell people that you shoot one bird. It's (more or less) the same thing. Concentrate on the target(s) you called for; nothing else.
good luck

Good advise there.[thumbsup]

If you know your score when you leave the field, then your mind is not in the right place.

In trap, I tell people that you shoot one bird. It's (more or less) the same thing. Concentrate on the target(s) you called for; nothing else.

good luck

Good advice here. I don't have trouble shooting, I have trouble staying focused. Once I start over thinking my shots, I start missing. It's amazing how hard it can be just to not think!

Back
Top Bottom