• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Considering Moving to Nashua,NH

I will likely be moving to Nashua here in the next month if all goes well. I currently live in Plymouth, Mass. (stationed out of Boston) but am planning the move to New Hampshire since laws in general - are - better......I'm active duty Coast Guard and will be around until at least 2007. Probably moving end of this month or next. Wondering if anyone else was in that area. I know there are several good ranges around there - and at least a half dozen gun stores. Jon

Jon,

You might want to check out the commute, unless your an off-shift worker. Traffic on Rte. 3 can be brutal!!

Rt3 is much better now with the expansion. It's the 128 interchange that sucks...

BTW, I live in Milford (just a couple of towns west of Nashua). You'll love the gun laws. I commute to Boston, it's not that bad.

Thanks for the info.......looks very likely that I'll be moving to Nashua in April I have my Mass Class A LTC after much pain in getting it but NH gun laws are so much better - kind of like my home state (Maine). Not worried about the commute but thanks - its horrible travelling south on Route 3 > Plymouth or Cape Cod, so I understand traffic. I used to drive from Cape Cod to Boston and back everyday - needless to say - I moved. I have heard horror stories about 128 though - think I'll avoid that. When I'm not deployed, I typically show up in Boston about 6am and leave around 1 or 2 pm - so I miss a lot of the rush hour traffic.

I plan on moving up there too this summer. Still looking for a house up there at the moment.

Sounds great, thanks for the offer of range time btw.....if everything goes well tomorrow and I like the place I'll be doing my paperword to move in to this place. I'll probably go to the Seabrook, NH gun show in the a.m. tomorrow. I have two years, at least, left stationed in Boston so I may change my legal residency to NH. I'm currently a Maine resident but am one of the few active duty military people I know who pays state tax, and I am kind of partial to NH anyway - Maine is getting more and more liberal everyday.

I'm currently looking for house's in western Ma. and it's as much fun as an emergancy appendectomy with a spoon.

Not sure on a house warming party yet or not.......but I'll definitely be up for some barbeques or what not this summer. I should be moving on or around the 18th. Myself and a couple of friends were thinking about shooting up that way this coming Saturday if the weather is good. I have two AR15's I'd like to shoot sometime and a friend of mine just bought a RRA LE Carbine at a NH gunshow. Thanks for all the hospitality btw. Jon

Hey everyone......I've officially starting moving out of Massachusetts now. It's going to be kind of hectic for awhile here....I'm going to be deployed all of April and May in CONUS but I should be around in June/July to go shooting hopefully. That or between now and the end of March. For the next week or so I'll be getting familiar with the area - plus probably take a quick trip to Maine to see family and go shooting up there also.

Back
Top Bottom