Considering moving from MA

I've heard Kentucky is quite nice, or North Carolina (though I have heard Asheville is hippie central).

Another issue w western NC is its not very well conncected to everything else. Airport options kinda slim and I-40 is like mudslide central. Hippies in ashville area abound but are easy to ignore....unlike places like boulder CO where even toilet paper is recycled.

charlotte area is quite nice, as is the triangle region where i lived.

another nice state is WV. It seems generally overlooked. I used to travel there a bunch and found people very friendly but certainly not a wealthy state. Poverty there is an issue but i would rather pay tax to a poor state than rich nanny states like MA

Seeing as we're on the extreme ends here - and yeah, this is mostly me talking out of my ass until this is reality - any other recommendations for gun friendly states? They don't necessarily need to be crazy red states, in fact Id prefer some socially liberal attitudes towards issues like gay marriage and irreligious folks.

Anywhere in the 603 area code (with some notable exceptions.)

My daughter is looking at schools in the Charlotte/Rock Hill area. We visited this year and found it rather nice. It was the best weather we had all spring.
People are very nice as well. If she goes down there, we'll be looking at our options. The school campuses down there certainly make ours look like a joke for the money. Real estate is reasonable if you get out there a bit off of 77.

We thought we'd like Asheville, but it wasn't super impressive. Like a redneck hippie vibe...similar to walking around Brattleboro with good barbeque. Real estate was expensive there.

Charleston was very nice as well......much flatter though, not sure if I'd like to be that close to the ocean with the hurricane issues. But some growing areas there for sure. Mt. Pleasant is growing by leaps and bounds....mostly young families.

Areas of Texas are growing like crazy, that's also a consideration.....

I could give a rats ass if I never see a liberal or liberal attitudes towards anything.....

I'm getting out, when my son is out of high school....we are gone if all goes as planned.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom