Considering buying a completed upper.

Pants

NES Member
So, I'm considering buying a completed upper for a lower I have. Pretty standard, 16" barrel, free float and no bayonet lug, nothing really special about it. In order to bring it in to compliance, is all I would have to do is get rid of the flash suppressor and have a break welded on? I figured buying a completed upper would save a lot of time than waiting for parts to build it myself. ha

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
if you can find what you want in a completed upper and its not a huge price difference then your on the right track. Sometimes there is no savings in assembling a upper yourself especially if you source out to several places for parts and pay shipping on all of the separate packages. some places have a minimum shipping prices that can kill savings if you dont watch it.
I tried building a National Match upper. Issue was I needed to go to 5 vendors to get all the parts. shipping was absolutely insane on 3 vendors. amounted to 80$ in shipping if I went that route. I then found it to be cheaper to buy the complete rifle from RRA....

So, I'm considering buying a completed upper for a lower I have. Pretty standard, 16" barrel, free float and no bayonet lug, nothing really special about it. In order to bring it in to compliance, is all I would have to do is get rid of the flash suppressor and have a break welded on?

Most all of the suppliers who sell complete uppers offer ban compliant uppers, with no lug and permanent brake.

I bought a complete dissipator upper from palmetto amid the insanity for $429 and i love it. For my next build i'll probably handpick everything but I wanted to get one in the safe.

I have a model1 upper for my sbr and am happy with it. I also have a left handed stag upper on another ar. My wife is getting into shooting more and more so we've been looking for one for her. I called model 1 and their lead time is 6-8 months. I called stag and they said 1-2 weeks. The prices are almost identical so the wait time might sway your decision. Stag also makes theirs Mass compliant for no extra charge.

I called stag and they said 1-2 weeks. The prices are almost identical so the wait time might sway your decision. Stag also makes theirs Mass compliant for no extra charge.

That's Sweet...

I have been wanting to try a Left Hand one for some time know, I may just try that the next time I order a upper...

Quick update, I ended up ordering an upper from stag. The order was placed on 8/20 and I received it via UPS on 8/26. Can't beat that service, especially now when most are months behind.

Back
Top Bottom