• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Considering a 9mm

The T series is said to be the best..from the 60's...and made in Belgium. They feel great, shoot great but the thumb safety does kinda suck. They are well made and since they've been around for a long time, must have some redeeming qualities. I love mine. Sometimes you can luck into a pretty one too!

highpower1965right%20800x594.jpg

CZ75B... love it. Reliable, accurate, hi-cap mags and just fits my hand well.

I own 6-8 9mm handguns and the CZ75B is da bomb. A close second is the Sig 226 or Sig 229.

To put it in perspective, I bought a second NIB CZ75B when I had a chance ('cause i live in MA) and have set it aside for my son when he is of age. Plus the Kadet .22 conversion kit.

FYI the .22 conversion kit really works reliably and accurately. I'm really surprised at how damn accurate it is.

Finally... when I bring newbies to the range I'll generally ask them what their favorite thing to shoot is. The CZ75B is very frequently the winner. There's just something about it.

If we make desserts a substitute for handguns and ice cream a stand in for 9mm, you question is kind of like "what's the best flavor of ice cream?".

And, if I were an insensitive person I'd probably say that for a .45acp/1911 aficionado like yourself, it's probably way too late to change your ways and that you'd never be able to properly appreciate the grace of a good 9mm. That said, practically every post here has great advice. I'd even have endorsed the Glocks, but I never agree with Lugnut in public.

I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Teutonic 9mm guy who is married to the P226. And I've gained great respect for the G19 (don't read this Lugnut) and would carry one if I had it. However, I'm lustily seek affairs with a high power and/or a 1911. I've been really sold on the 9mm 1911 after watching someone wield it in Single Stack this last year.

Thanks and a Tip O'the Stetson™
yo.gif
for all the replies, pm's, suggestions and advice.

Got out shooting today and had a chance to try several of the choices recommended here.

This I learned, with my 1911:
I can get eight rounds into one ragged hole @ 30 ft
I can draw and fire two shots at contact distance in 1.6 seconds

I do not like striker fired pistols.
I do not like double action pistols.

Not even the S&W M&P, not even with the Apex sear.

I put 13 rounds of 9mm with a pistol I had never before held into a 6" circle at 30 ft. Quickly.

I will be acquiring a Browning Hi Power.

Northeastshooters.com is the best damm gun forum ever. [thumbsup]

Back
Top Bottom