Connecticut non-resident permit.

Take a look (Advanced Search) in the Gun Laws forum. You must use at least 4 characters for any search. Seems like that info is in there somewhere as I recall it being discussed a few times before.

Worst case, go to State Orgs forum for CT and check their links to the CT state website for info.

CT.Permit

Take a look (Advanced Search) in the Gun Laws forum. You must use at least 4 characters for any search. Seems like that info is in there somewhere as I recall it being discussed a few times before.

Worst case, go to State Orgs forum for CT and check their links to the CT state website for info.
Thanks Len. I found the info at Ct. dept. of public safety. I just talked to someone there. what a PIA. They need proof you took a safety course, birth cert. or passport,fingerprint cards, passport type picture. I don`t have a certificate from a course. Took it 20years ago. I told them I was military and that wasn`t good enough. This could be time consuming. The number is 860-685-8390.

I'll probably be running a 4 hour NRA Home Firearms Safety course in Hopkinton on Sat 9/28 - $50 + 4 hours => MA State Certificate. One caution - it will not be at the normal pace since I have two "never touched a gun before" people attending.

CT. Permit

I'll probably be running a 4 hour NRA Home Firearms Safety course in Hopkinton on Sat 9/28 - $50 + 4 hours => MA State Certificate. One caution - it will not be at the normal pace since I have two "never touched a gun before" people attending.
I am in the Mass. Guard. I asked if a copy of my military ID would do. CT. said they would take a letter from my CO stating I had handgun training thru the Military. My Unit Admin. will type on up and get the CO to sign it.
There are 3 forms that need to be notarized also. Not like NH.

Yes CT.is a PIA.Make sure that you birth certificate is a certified one w/ a raised seal or they will not accept it.I learned the hard way.

Back
Top Bottom