Connecticut Non-Resident Ammo Puchases.

I'm pretty sure I have purchased my last box of ammo from Cabelas Hartford or anywhere else in CT. I believe that as of 10/1 you have to have a CT licence. To bad that state will soon surpass MA as being dumb ass. No offense directed to anyone there affected by this.
I just hope I misread the sign at Cabelas but I read it over and over. Would be pleased if someone would say it ain't so and tell me I'm wrong.

This is what I heard from Cabela's in East Hartford on Sunday Sept 29th.
Effective October 1, 2013, all purchasers of ammunition must now have
either a new “ammunition certificate”, a long gun eligibility certificate, a pistol permit or an eligibility certificate.

"Too bad that state will soon surpass MA as being dumb ass. No offense directed to anyone there affected by this.

i don't see that any nes'rs in connecticut could be offended

your consideration of the dire circumstances they're in down there is admirable though---good post

CT has a ways to go to catch up to MA on the ammo thing. Even if you have a MA non-resident LTC you still can't buy ammo legally in MA.

What about reloading supplies powder primers?

Nope. That's all classified as ammunition in MA. You'd need a MA Resident FID at a minimum to buy reloading components in MA (and NOT the one for pepper spray).

Last edited:
Wait until you need a permit to buy toilet paper. its coming. Leave now, let the sheep live there and get slaughtered.
I am so glad we left in March from CT>NC, It is so, so, so much better down here, and my kids are playing hockey and I'm coaching again, right on Bragg, travel games suck a bit more, but Columbia SC and Charleston are damn good destinations. Not like the 91, 90, 495 corridor of rinks.

- - - Updated - - -

What about reloading supplies powder primers?
You need a note from the president.

Back
Top Bottom