Connecticut New Laws/Bans as they Relate to Military/Veterans

CT.gov - Connecticut New Gun Law -

I found this on the FAQS pdf on the DESPP Website:

FAQ #5. Who may purchase Assault Weapons and/or Large Capacity Magazines after the effective date of the Act?

Answer: (3):A member of the military or naval forces of this state or the United States;

I know that Connecticut law pertaining to carry and transportation says, "active duty military on their way to place of assembly etc may carry." Does anyone know if this FAQ (about purchase) above pertains to ONLY active duty military or military veterans as well. It's a long shot and I may already know the answer, but its worth a shot to ask in the event that their is something I am not familiar with.

My question, to be clear, does anyone know if Military Veterans are immune to the new Assault Weapon and LCM ban or just Active Duty Military personnel?

Last edited:
Military Veterans are treated just like regular civilians as far as the Assault Weapon / Large Cap Magazine ban goes. Registering an AR or declaring a LCap magazine is a pain in the rear but is easy enough to do.

If an active duty member leaves the service, there is a short window during which AR's or LCap magazines must be declared. Details are listed on the Connecticut Department of Public Safety's website. They have a FAQ document which explains all the details.

Lou Braun

Military Veterans are treated just like regular civilians as far as the Assault Weapon / Large Cap Magazine ban goes. Registering an AR or declaring a LCap magazine is a pain in the rear but is easy enough to do.

If an active duty member leaves the service, there is a short window during which AR's or LCap magazines must be declared. Details are listed on the Connecticut Department of Public Safety's website. They have a FAQ document which explains all the details.

Lou Braun

Thanks Lou,

That was the anticipated answer although it wasn't the favorable one. As much as I wanted to avoid it, I will start working on the registration paper work.

Until they attempt to enforce a law for world peace? [wink] Luckily I do not have much, and whats done is done (until they change it again). It's upsetting and solves nothing, but it retires someone's agenda and makes others sleep better at night.

Until they attempt to enforce a law for world peace? [wink] Luckily I do not have much, and whats done is done (until they change it again). It's upsetting and solves nothing, but it retires someone's agenda and makes others sleep better at night.

Hardly. They will not be satisfied until all of the citizenry (except for the leaders and their chosen enforcers) are disarmed. Compliance only emboldens them. Do as you will.

If they didn't already know I had them, I would consider not registering. However, since all were purchased in CT they already have all the information, so it's a no loss situation for me. But to each his own.

if you dont want to register, reconfigure it with a non removable magazine. i think i will build a totally badass 300 blackout pistol with a nonremovable mag and stick it in their face. f them bitches.

Don't register, or move. Stop letting dictators direct your life.

The democrats stormed out of caucus during negotiations over that final bill because confiscation was not included.

If you think they aren't going to use that list to round you up, you're delusional.

Back
Top Bottom