Connecticut Carry in State Parks

HorizontalHunter

NES Member
I got this as an update to my CCW app and just wanted to confirm and share if confirmed.

Thanks,

Bob

2018 HB5539 AN ACT CONCERNING FIREARMS IN STATE PARKS.
Section 1. (NEW) (Effective October 1, 2018) The Department of Energy and Environmental Protection shall permit any person who holds a valid permit to carry a pistol or revolver issued pursuant to subsection (b) of section 29-28 of the general statutes to carry a pistol or revolver covered by such permit in any state park.

I don't know if it passed. But either way, its not a big deal. The current reg re handguns has to do with preventing poaching. As such, its pretty tame. A money fine and a misdemeanor. Nothing to worry about.

Also, I've spoken with 3 CT conservation officers about this. ALL OF THEM said some version of the following.
1) keep it concealed and it won't be a problem.
2) if you aren't smart enough to keep it concealed and I catch you with a Glock 26 or some other small handgun, I'm going to tell you to put it in your car.
3) if I catch you with a scoped .44 magnum revolver, I'm going to arrest you.

Bottom line. If you want to carry in a state park. Carry in a state park. There is no law banning it. Its a hunting reg.

I don't know if it passed. But either way, its not a big deal. The current reg re handguns has to do with preventing poaching. As such, its pretty tame. A money fine and a misdemeanor. Nothing to worry about.

Also, I've spoken with 3 CT conservation officers about this. ALL OF THEM said some version of the following.
1) keep it concealed and it won't be a problem.
2) if you aren't smart enough to keep it concealed and I catch you with a Glock 26 or some other small handgun, I'm going to tell you to put it in your car.
3) if I catch you with a scoped .44 magnum revolver, I'm going to arrest you.

Bottom line. If you want to carry in a state park. Carry in a state park. There is no law banning it. Its a hunting reg.

Thank you,

Bob

Back
Top Bottom