• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CONNECTICUT-BASED STAG ARMS ANNOUNCES THEY ARE RELOCATING

Somewhat comically, they used to have (specifically state) Massachusetts Compliant rifles. My first upper ever was from Stag partly for this reason (plus they had a Black Friday deal that year with gift cards and stuff).

It's been a solid upper.

However, as a lefty, they were one of the few companies I could find a while back with a lefty safety. I tried to buy it, but they blocked it. One of their auto generated marketing emails from a guy named "Chris" was like, "what would it take for you to complete your purchase, how about 10% off?" I replied basically saying, "I would have bought it, but you guys are leaving those of us in MA hanging despite this being a freaking safety selector."

I don't blame them either.
But in any given AR thread you'll see MA people excoriate someone like BCM or PSA for not shipping to MA either.

I tried the same thing for the same part (I shoot lefty most of the time due to eye issues) and they blocked me. Had a wonderfully colorful conversation with them on the phone.

I really wanted that selector. The plastic one I have off Amazon is gonna break one day.

I tried the same thing for the same part (I shoot lefty most of the time due to eye issues) and they blocked me. Had a wonderfully colorful conversation with them on the phone.

I really wanted that selector. The plastic one I have off Amazon is gonna break one day.
I ended up ordering a Seekins from Primary Arms for one rifle.
For another, Colt makes a reversible safety so I bought one of those and use it in lefty config. Any righties that use it will have to learn to adjust as they are always telling us to do.

So with Stag leaving CT, who's in New England still making ARs or lowers?

*Yankee Hill
*Savage
*Colt
*Windham
*Bane

I ended up ordering a Seekins from Primary Arms for one rifle.
For another, Colt makes a reversible safety so I bought one of those and use it in lefty config. Any righties that use it will have to learn to adjust as they are always telling us to do.
I have a Stag AR with a lefty upper and an ambi safety for use in the family. Works for everyone. Jack

Geez make a friend in NH already. Probably somebody here would be that guy for you

Geez make a friend in NH already. Probably somebody here would be that guy for you

Oh. I'm set. I have escaped. Well. Physically anyway.

Still emotionally trapped there and financially behind from that experience.

Maybe in another year I'll get the chance to sight in stuff and upgrade bits.

My first AR was a stag NOV 2008, took everything I tossed at it. 3000 rounds of steel cased before its first real cleaning. Other than a few bore snake pulls and a oil patch before locking it up.
friend bought it and proceeded to put another 5k abusive rounds that i know of.

My first AR was a stag NOV 2008, took everything I tossed at it. 3000 rounds of steel cased before its first real cleaning. Other than a few bore snake pulls and a oil patch before locking it up.
friend bought it and proceeded to put another 5k abusive rounds that i know of.

I thought my stag 15 was the most reliable AR out of my pile, so rock solid, zero failures. Then one day I had a minor kaboom, blew up mag, bcg jammed hopelessly. They sent me a new complete rifle in short time, great company to do businesses with, stand behind their products. Who knows what went wrong, a perfectly wrong piece of shell debri made it fire out of battery maybe.

Back
Top Bottom