CONNECTICUT-BASED STAG ARMS ANNOUNCES THEY ARE RELOCATING

mikeyp

NES Member
Connecticut-based Stag Arms Announces They Are Relocating

After more than 15 years in New Britain Connecticut, AR maker Stag Arms said they are pulling stumps for somewhere with “significant support for the firearms industry.”

The announcement, posted last Friday, said the move is part of the company’s “strategic initiative to significantly improve the overall customer experience.” While the new location has not been selected, Stag says their Board of Directors has “narrowed down the options to a short list of vibrant communities where there is significant support for the firearms industry.”

Local media in Connecticut described the pending move, to be accomplished in coming months, as being out of state.

Stag was founded in May 2003 and has carved out a niche in the gun market with 556/.223-caliber AR-15 and .308/6.5 Creedmoor AR-10 style rifles, parts, builder’s sets, and accessories. More recently, the company has moved into producing AR9 type pistol caliber carbines in the form of the Stag PXC-9, which was announced earlier this year.

According to the latest data from federal regulators, the company manufactured 10,932 rifles in 2017, exporting 324 of them out of the country. This figure makes them the second largest rifle maker in Connecticut, just after West Hartford-based Colt. Of note, Stag produced more rifles than Mossberg’s North Haven, Connecticut facility in the same year.

The shift from Connecticut by Stag is not the only time that a gun industry vendor has shifted states for more friendly digs. In recent years, magazine and accessory maker Magpul has left Colorado for Wyoming and Texas, citing strict new gun control laws as the impetus for their relocation. They were joined in the Cowboy State this year by Weatherby, who left California for similar reasons.

I am interested in where they will be going. Will that that area out as a place to relocate myself.

Are they still refusing to sell anything to MA residents? When I was in MA they wouldn't ship a safety selector to me.

They make nice rifles.
yeah, not too bad. i bought one several years ago, long before their missing serial number fiasco, just to see if i wanted to enter the ar platform while not spending a ton of money. forget the model but i still have it. it's never failed. think it was 689 otd at collectors. i tricked it out with parts that probably cost more than the initial investment. lol

In what I copy and pasted above, it says they announced it Friday(it links to this)

Yes, I saw that, but Stag has considered moving as far back as 2013, which is why I thought they had already moved.

Manufacturers looking to move or expand are in a buyer’s market, as several states have rolled out the welcome mat. Back in June, the Hartford Courant detailed recruiting trips by fervent gun rights supporter and shooter, Texas Gov. Rick Perry, and South Dakota Gov. Dennis Daugaard, who were seeking to convince Connecticut manufacturers of the virtues of their states. Stag Arms CEO Mark Malkowski told a reporter for the National Review that the company had received “about one hundred offers” to relocate.

Wave Goodbye: The list of firearm manufacturers fleeing gun control states

I would be willing to be that SC is on their list. Hugely gun friendly, tax incentives for firearms companies and the state follows the fed. minimum wage standard. That's what you cal a win win win situation.

Not their fault. It's f***ing MA's fault. No one wants to deal with MA and their bullshit. Sad, very sad.

Truth. I tried to order take-down pins for a .308 build I’m considering from Aero Precision and they emailed me saying no way, no how. Heck - I tried to buy some used spent brass to test a recipe I found for the upcoming season from a member on this board from NH. He said he didn’t feel comfortable crossing the border so we met in the middle, it north of the MA border.

MA really does suck in some respects.

As far as AR parts (ie not lowers), cant you MA guys just find a store over the border, call with a CC, and have them order you up whatever for pickup when it arrives?

It doesn't even take that much effort unless you're trying to build sub 500.00 AR's

Also true. There are also FFLs in other parts of the region that understand how MA is and have relationships with MA FFLs. I was just trying to point out how asinine this “progressive” state is.

LOL. That's just stupid. Especially coming from a CT company. Maybe they'll relocate here. ROFL!!!
As far as I know they are. I had bought a few things from them then they shut off MA.
Somewhat comically, they used to have (specifically state) Massachusetts Compliant rifles. My first upper ever was from Stag partly for this reason (plus they had a Black Friday deal that year with gift cards and stuff).

It's been a solid upper.

However, as a lefty, they were one of the few companies I could find a while back with a lefty safety. I tried to buy it, but they blocked it. One of their auto generated marketing emails from a guy named "Chris" was like, "what would it take for you to complete your purchase, how about 10% off?" I replied basically saying, "I would have bought it, but you guys are leaving those of us in MA hanging despite this being a freaking safety selector."

Not their fault. It's f***ing MA's fault. No one wants to deal with MA and their bullshit. Sad, very sad.
I don't blame them either.
But in any given AR thread you'll see MA people excoriate someone like BCM or PSA for not shipping to MA either.

The first MSR I purchased was a Stag 3 I believe with a fixed stock and a Mass. "compliant" muzzle device. It was an excellent rifle. I sold it to a friend a few years ago and he's still using it.

Watch S&W will more then likely be next to move. American Outdoor Brands has sold there MA distribution center, have sold the Shooting Sports Center building (S&W Range) the rest of American Outdoor Brands are scattered throughout the US and there are better states to manufacture in.

Watch S&W will more then likely be next to move. American Outdoor Brands has sold there MA distribution center, have sold the Shooting Sports Center building (S&W Range) the rest of American Outdoor Brands are scattered throughout the US and there are better states to manufacture in.

Didn’t they recently announce a major move to Missouri? Was it someone else?

Back
Top Bottom