Connecticut author proposes mandating new calibers for "civilians"

DispositionMatrix

NES Member
Opinion | It’s not the guns, it’s the ammunition
We’d have the opportunity for a national gun policy do-over. New, tougher gun registration and ownership policies, some already favored by NRA membership, would be enacted in conjunction with the changeover in rounds calibration. Fresh attention could be paid to newer, research-vetted strategies, such as the universal adoption of smart-gun technology and limiting the size of rounds available to civilians. Police and military would keep their current firearms and ammuntion, manufactured and distributed under strictest control.

To use the recalibrated rounds, people would have to purchase new weapons to fire them. Many would object. Why should a law-abiding citizen spend hundreds, perhaps thousands of dollars to replace one’s gun collection?

Gun manufacturers could offer a six-month window for any person eligible to turn in their old weapons and receive a partial rebate toward the purchase of new ones. For manufacturers and retailers, these sales would amount to a windfall of epic proportions.

iu

Love the random calibers he came up with.
He just put odd numbers, must not have realized there are calibers in existance that don't end in 8 4 or 2.
F*ckw*t.

Love the random calibers he came up with.
He just put odd numbers, must not have realized there are calibers in existance that don't end in 8 4 or 2.
F*ckw*t.
His proposal will result in a resurgence of wildcatting. Most calibers were used by the world's military and police forces at one time or another, including the .22-250 (British and Australian SAS Regiments for urban counter-terrorist work in the 1980s) and .243 Winchester (LAPD SWAT in the 1970s).

I have a proposal that he should be able to appreciate as an "author" and "journalist." How about we make some words OK for only the government to use?

of course having police use these new rounds never entered his mind, or what passes for it.

His proposal will result in a resurgence of wildcatting. Most calibers were used by the world's military and police forces at one time or another, including the .22-250 (British and Australian SAS Regiments for urban counter-terrorist work in the 1980s) and .243 Winchester (LAPD SWAT in the 1970s).

Damn! That 22-250 would create some pretty wicked wounds. I think that would create a pretty good fear factor if one BG were to see what happened to another BG that had been hit with 22-250.

Those anti schmucks don't realize that even the most mundane calibers can be very effective. I'm stocking up on 22LR Stingers to feed my 10/22 for the inevitable SHTF boogaloo. Just have to figure out how to mount the Go Pro since I'll be making Mossad style shots to the nads and will want to document each hit. Should work on bears too:

pYlGtb0.gif

Taken from his twitter page, I'm going out on a limb and say he doesnt like Trump...Trump has infected every aspect of our lives. The other night, we were playing bridge at the kitchen table. I dealt. One of the players asked, "What's trump?" The room went quiet. Another player broke the silence. "You meant, 'What's obama,' right?"
Another post, he blamed poor restaurant service in Switzerland on Trump.

Dupe

Damn! That 22-250 would create some pretty wicked wounds. I think that would create a pretty good fear factor if one BG were to see what happened to another BG that had been hit with 22-250.

Those anti schmucks don't realize that even the most mundane calibers can be very effective. I'm stocking up on 22LR Stingers to feed my 10/22 for the inevitable SHTF boogaloo. Just have to figure out how to mount the Go Pro since I'll be making Mossad style shots to the nads and will want to document each hit. Should work on bears too:

pYlGtb0.gif
I'll send you some extra mini mags for a link to your go pro feed!!

Back
Top Bottom