Connecticut Ammo Purchases

What's the process for a Massachusetts owner with a LTC to be able to legally purchase ammo in CT (Cabelas; Dicks; Walmart)? What approvals (permits/certificates) are needed since CT changed the law in Oct 2013?

Thanks

Urine sample and cheek swab...[smile]
No clue actually, that's what NH is for. Who on earth would want to give CT any business at all?

$35 ammo permit. Fill out the paperwork and bring to public safety complex. They do background check and issue the permit on the spot.

you can also get your non-res pistol permit. then you can carry in CT and buy ammo there.

you can also get your non-res pistol permit. then you can carry in CT and buy ammo there.
Yeah. For those of us that got the permit before it all changed, nothings really changed for us. Except for the fact that I can't bring my AR down to go shooting with my brother. Just f'ing dumb.

No. Not even with a non resident LTC.
And then there's this. Really - they're happy to take the $100 every year, and make you drive to get it, but they won't let you pick up a box of ammo on the way home. WTF?

I went with a friend about a month ago - no background check or even a request to see his photo ID. ....

Good! These laws are an outrage. Why would you post something like that? People in MA on this forum don't want their suppliers outed so their AG doesn't go after the suppliers. Hopefully people buying ammo in CT will buy their ammo and shut up about it if they buy from a place that doesn't believe in this unconstitutional crap.

Back
Top Bottom