• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Conn non resident LTC

I was talking to my buddy Mike last night; he lives in Niantic, CT. I've been shooting with him since 2012; he's not happy at all about the new laws.

And this one looks like a trap -
*Under 2023-HB6895 The “Fix-It” Bill HB6895 AN ACT CONCERNING FIREARMS AND STREET TAKEOVERS a person who lawfully possessed a large capacity magazine prior to January 1, 2014, and had not yet declared possession of such magazine as of July 1, 2023, shall apply by January 1, 2024, to declare possession of such magazine. SLFU has yet to establish the procedure.
What does that have to do with "street takeovers"? Also, "you refused to admit you have this contraband so we gave you another chance and you still didn't do it; we're giving one, last chance" sounds to me like noncompliance is working.

What does that have to do with "street takeovers"? Also, "you refused to admit you have this contraband so we gave you another chance and you still didn't do it; we're giving one, last chance" sounds to me like noncompliance is working.

Exactly... Sounds like someone is drawing a line in the sand again.. [rofl]

OK, This is according to CCDL..

Pistol Permit Course Requirement Expansion: Statute goes into effect 10/1/23. Provisions go into effect on 7/1/24. Requires new pistol permit applicants to complete a course including instruction in state law requirements pertaining to safe storage in the home and in vehicles, lawful use of firearms, and lawful carrying of firearms in public.
What the Statute goes into effector 10/1/23but the provisions go into effect on 7/1/24 so I am currntly good to go with my Basic Pistol right now and on10/1/23 what? Statute goes into effect but you don't need the extra training untill 7/1/24. This is not too confusing is it?
I better get my out of state package togather before something else changes.

3rd. time will be the charm it will become Prison time. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.00, go streight to jall.

3rd. time will be the charm it will become Prison time. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.00, go streight to jall.

I live on the MA/CT border and I can tell you that 99% of the people I know that live in Northern Connecticut have no idea about the CT gun laws. I educate them and I don't live in that state. I can also tell you that 90% of my gun owning friends here have no clue as to what is happening in Massachusetts right now. I get so frustrated!!

Yes I know and after you get done with the Massachusetts law part of training, in fact most of the training is forgotten as soon as the student walks out the door.

Did you have any problems with the fingerprints or paper work?
None at all. I took the CT non-resident class at MFS, and the instructor there took his time making sure that everyone's prints were acceptable (mine took 2 tries after I mucked the first set up).

CT Non-Res Renewal Example:

08/10/23 - Existing Non-Res Expiration Date
05/23/23 - Postmark of CT renewal Paperwork
07/31/23 - Renewal Application Mailed
08/02/23 - Return Receipt Confirmation of Delivery

10/19/23 - Non-Res LTC renewal issued
10/23/23 - Non-Res LTC received
10/24/23 - Renewal Application Check Cleared Bank

08/10/2028 - New Non-Res LTC Expiration Date

Last edited:
I think first time I did it years ago I stopped by the Middletown main statie building to do the fingerprints in person and submit it all in person. They mailed me the carry permit card some weeks later. All renewals since then were easy mail-ins.
I did the local in Enfield, then did the state. It wasn't a big deal, but this was also 15 years ago.

Mass State Police will do prints at no charge. They were very nice.

Renewing at Middletown is great. Polite people, efficient, and easy.

CT Non-Res Renewal Example:

08/10/23 - Existing Non-Res Expiration Date
05/23/23 - Postmark of CT renewal Paperwork
07/31/23 - Renewal Application Mailed
08/02/23 - Return Receipt Confirmation of Delivery

10/19/23 - Non-Res LTC renewal issued
10/23/23 - Non-Res LTC received
10/24/23 - Renewal Application Check Cleared Bank

08/10/2028 - New Non-Res LTC Expiration Date

I believe the new process for renewals is online now.

I believe the new process for renewals is online now.

Did that just change? No mention of online option in the paperwork I received a couple of months ago… was a PITA to get the paper form notarized… there is no official notary signature line, so one bank refused to certify after I signed it in front of her. Another bank refused to notarize because the form was previously signed (after I explained the entire process with the prior bank). Third bank was a charm, easy-peasy. (hence my delay in mailing back the paperwork). She even crapped on the other two notaries, which gave me a chuckle.

Did that just change? No mention of online option in the paperwork I received a couple of months ago… was a PITA to get the paper form notarized… there is no official notary signature line, so one bank refused to certify after I signed it in front of her. Another bank refused to notarize because the form was previously signed (after I explained the entire process with the prior bank). Third bank was a charm, easy-peasy. (hence my delay in mailing back the paperwork). She even crapped on the other two notaries, which gave me a chuckle.
I have a new client who wants invoices notarized. I've tried to explain that their contract person clearly copied the wrong language from a contract that had construction lien releases as part of the invoice, but no use. Same nightmare with the bank. One notary flat our refused. Second one only did it because we've been customers for 20+ years.

Same thing at 2 banks trying to get copies of the MA and CT LTCs notarized for my RI application. Finally found a notary at my personal bank who appears to have been too new to know to protest.

Yeah it’s new as of 9/14:

It was part of the rollout for the updated “assault weapon” registration.

Back
Top Bottom