• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Conn non resident LTC

Who successfully done this? Everything I read on line in convoluted. Dead phones, dead email addresses, call the town, call the state, what a cluster! Insight to navigate this mess appreciated

Just fill the form and send in whatever it is that's required including money order or check. You'd need an 'NRA basic pistol' class certificate at least so keep that in mind. I got my CT non-res way faster than my MA renewal. Yeah the phone and email lines you can't reach anybody but send it in correctly, cross your fingers and you'll get your CT card.

Just fill the form and send in whatever it is that's required including money order or check. You'd need an 'NRA basic pistol' class certificate at least so keep that in mind. I got my CT non-res way faster than my MA renewal. Yeah the phone and email lines you can't reach anybody but send it in correctly, cross your fingers and you'll get your CT card.
But how do you get the form if they don't answer email or phone?

But how do you get the form if they don't answer email or phone?
Funny enough I emailed that email requesting for a form, no response nothing. 3 weeks later I got it in my mail. You'd think a human could bother to take 3 seconds and pen a response - sure thing, sent, but nah it's all good.

FYI, try to check that your firearms course is “approved.” You need a course with live fire that’s also on their BS accepted course list.

"Instructions for non-residents: call for packet"
I assume they send a finger print card, etc.?

Funny enough I emailed that email requesting for a form, no response nothing. 3 weeks later I got it in my mail. You'd think a human could bother to take 3 seconds and pen a response - sure thing, sent, but nah it's all good.
Okay. I sent an email. Maybe I'll wait a bit longer before trying again.

"Instructions for non-residents: call for packet"
I assume they send a finger print card, etc.?

Okay. I sent an email. Maybe I'll wait a bit longer before trying again.
I think first time I did it years ago I stopped by the Middletown main statie building to do the fingerprints in person and submit it all in person. They mailed me the carry permit card some weeks later. All renewals since then were easy mail-ins.

Who successfully done this? Everything I read on line in convoluted. Dead phones, dead email addresses, call the town, call the state, what a cluster! Insight to navigate this mess appreciated
I did request the application from CT and got it in the mail.

Then thought better of it.

Went to mass firearms in Holliston and took their CT permit class. They walk you thru everything take photos, finger prints etc.

In my opinion was worth it, no hassles and I got my non resident permit. Within a few months. 90 days I think. Might have been sooner, I forget exactly.

I did request the application from CT and got it in the mail.

Then thought better of it.

Went to mass firearms in Holliston and took their CT permit class. They walk you thru everything take photos, finger prints etc.

In my opinion was worth it, no hassles and I got my non resident permit. Within a few months. 90 days I think. Might have been sooner, I forget exactly.

Did the same and got my permit shortly thereafter. Very easy.

Conn. permit application package requires a copy of your DD214 if you were in the service. If you don't have a copy you have to get one. It could not find mine too many moves and lost paperwork over the years and I never have been asked for a copy of my DD214. I applied for a copy of my DD214 and it took three months.

There is a thread about a dude that got every non res LTC he could get, including CT I believe.

I am sure he can provide some details.

I called and someone took down my information and mailed me the packet with vague instructions for a scavenger hunt. I think I applied June 2022, received months later. I know it had changed right before I did it and I wouldnt doubt it has changed since. Did you try the number here (I didn't use MFS, but theyre still saying to request a packet): https://massfirearms.com/class/connecticut-license-to-carry-class/

There is a thread about a dude that got every non res LTC he could get, including CT I believe.

I am sure he can provide some details.
Good point.
For reference, here's the thread:

@avsterbone @SOTAR - How did you order your application packets?
Thanks in advance

Good point.
For reference, here's the thread:

@avsterbone @SOTAR - How did you order your application packets?
Thanks in advance
Thanks for the tag.

CT has a “secret phone number” you have to call which isn’t publicly listed anywhere on their official channels. That number is 860-685-8494. Call it during normal business hours to be directly connected to a human who will mail out your packet on the phone.

Thanks for the tag.

CT has a “secret phone number” you have to call which isn’t publicly listed anywhere on their official channels. That number is 860-685-8494. Call it during normal business hours to be directly connected to a human who will mail out your packet on the phone.
Thanks!

Thanks for the tag.

Bingo! You win! That is definitely the correct #, she was friendly, said yes of course, where can I mail it to you?!
Why do these things have to be so difficult?
Thank you Avasterbone for the “secret” number!
Jeff

I got the packet after calling the secret number in a couple of days. Sent in the packet and my finger prints are no good. Local police took them in ink. I went to the package shop in Westfield and tried to get them taken. We tried and tried but my prints aren't working. Trying some steps of hand lotions etc. I will try again next week after this regiment. I recommend you go to a place that does the electronic prints so you know if they are good.

I got the packet after calling the secret number in a couple of days. Sent in the packet and my finger prints are no good. Local police took them in ink. I went to the package shop in Westfield and tried to get them taken. We tried and tried but my prints aren't working. Trying some steps of hand lotions etc. I will try again next week after this regiment. I recommend you go to a place that does the electronic prints so you know if they are good.

Order the fingerprint cards and ink pad from Amazon and do it yourself. Very easy and just match up the same information that was on the original card you sent in. Or so i've heard....... [wink]

I could not get any local police department or state police to finger print me. When calling around, they all said, nope. I went the package shop/store route in Westfield and the prints were rejected by CT...not enough moisture supposedly. I ended up going to the State Police in Middletown. Waiting for out of state permit in the mail or to find out if something is rejected.

I sent in the original packet for CT back in December or so, recently did the prints at the CT state police about 2 weeks ago.

Found the process frustrating.

Funny Westfield PD had me go back in for my MA renewall for prints about a week after I went down to CT for prints. I did have to ask if they eventually end up at the same place and the answer was that they probably do.

Last edited:
Kineo,
Did you have to set an appointment in Middletown? Did you do ink at the package store?
I did have to set an appointment for Middletown. It was electronic and printed on cards at the package store that were rejected.

Back
Top Bottom