• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Congresswoman-elect calls for ATF to be ‘defunded and eliminated’

Illegal, maybe. Impossible? Impossible.

You of all people know how easy firearms are to make. They made them back in the colonial era with tools most of us today would sneer at.

"You of all people" meaning your being an FFL of FFL's, of course. I'm not suggesting you were THERE in the colonial times!
I understand. I should have said "legal to own" firearms. Jack.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea. I'm saying that reversing the NFA is a much bigger job than Talli-whacking the ATF.
I think the whole model of overinflated federal agencies should be dismantled, ATF included. Starting from IRS. Taxes, all taxes should be a state business only and states then may deal with feds.
Or we should just abolish all states together with electoral college and surrender to direct dictatorship of Wash.DC goons on all matters large and small.

i like this idea

an agency whose ONLY job is to regulate firearms crime....is going to spend all of its time trying to turn anything into a firearms crime....just so the agency self perpetuates.

Standard FBI can handle this task easily, along with its other tasks. In fact, giving the FBI this job would tend to make them prioritize they work, and minor infractions will not be use to jack up common citizens.

Back
Top Bottom