• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Congressional Research Service Releases Study of Mass Shootings

rep308

NES Member
From my favorite, Reason magazine

Congressional Research Service Releases Study of Mass Shootings

http://reason.com/blog/2015/08/03/mass-shootings-study

The Congressional Research Service (CRS) has just released a report on mass shootings, drawing on two large chunks of data. The first is the FBI's series of supplemental homicide reports from 1999 to 2013, as buttressed by various scholars who have done their best to fill the gaps and fix the errors in the police statistics. The second is a dataset assembled by Grant Duwe, a criminologist at the Minnesota Department of Corrections and the author of Mass Murder in the United States: A History. Duwe—who tells me he thinks the CRS "did a really good job"—looks specifically at mass public shootings, and his data go all the way back to 1970. (We'll get to the distinction between "mass shootings" and "mass public shootings" in a moment.).....

I can't copy the entire article, go to it and download the report. Good stuff here, well thought out and researched. Pass it around.

Back
Top Bottom