Confirmed instances of .pdf/paper FA-10 form rejection by MA FRB

JFR2

Army Veteran
NES Member
Please post if you have a confirmed instance where the Mass EOPS/FRB has rejected your carbon-copy or .pdf FA-10 form. Please keep general eFA/FA-10 conversation to the existing topic threads elsewhere in the forum. There's a lot of rumor and speculation of rejection but no evidence that it's actually happening.

Update:2/16/12- rumor and speculation are now reality.

-JR

Last edited:
The only rejections seem to be coming from the local PD's, who are claiming there are no more forms, and you need to do this online, and would look at you sidewise for questioning this.

The only rejections seem to be coming from the local PD's, who are claiming there are no more forms, and you need to do this online, and would look at you sidewise for questioning this.

Some of these PD's don't even know that it's legal to fill out more than 4 FA-10s in a year (eg, for registrations) so that doesn't really surprise me. [laugh]

-Mike

I just got a rejection notice today. I sent two PDF FA10 forms from two separate transactions but only one seems to have been rejected. Included were instructions for the EFA10 application and Another Copy of an FA10(in color) that I could also submit, according to the letter. The only difference in the version they sent me is that it has an "FA Trans. No.".

I went online and completed the form, but could not print the confirmation page because it required a password to be viewed, but I was never given one, and tried eveyrthing I could think off with no success.

Last edited:
I called today and asked for some paper ones to be sent to me, they said they don't mail them out anymore to individuals for a month now, and to use the on-line e-file. I said that I prefer the paper ones in case I want to do a face to face in a Burlington mall parking lot. He chuckled and said they will only send them to the local PD, asked me what town, and that he would "add them to the list" of PD's they send them to and to check with the PD in a week or so.....................

Boy, they sure are helpful aren't they?

I also just got a rejection notice. I had sent in the .pdf form on Monday i think.

i guess i'll just keep sending in the .PDF form, get their rejection letter and have a brand new FA-10 to fill out. They sent me the exact same form i submitted, but mine doesn't have the FA number in the top right hand corner. I don't see why they can't just add that on their end.... oh wait, that would be easy.

... So I guess that, due to the text on page one of that letter that highlights that the form must be provided by the .gov, and because they pointed out the offense possible if you don't resubmit the form within 7 days, you can't get away with saying "I already submitted it... if they don't decide to record it, it's not MY fault."

You must comply or be assimilated...

I'm sure they [STRIKE=no]expect[/STRIKE], [STRIKE=no]require[/STRIKE], demand signatures of both parties again?

What a hassle

I did a FTF with a PDF on 2/2/2012, sent it in a day or two later. Nothing back yet!

But Lens brings up a VERY good point: Are you expected to go track the person down and get a buyer/seller signature again?

ETA: Just heard from the other half of my FTF. He got his back and has to resend it. I wonder if this is the new norm? Send in a pdf, get it back, get a real FA10, resend it. ugh.

Last edited:
This kind of behavior by the state will only encourage people to stop filing these altogether. I'm not saying that I would do that, nor am I recommending it, but they're making it difficult to the point of impossibility.

This kind of behavior by the state will only encourage people to stop filing these altogether. I'm not saying that I would do that, nor am I recommending it, but they're making it difficult to the point of impossibility.

Just like the thousands upon thousands who never bothered once they changed all the licensing.

I assume GOAL saw this coming and is doing something to rectify the situation. Right?

And just what do you think GOAL can do about it?

Patrick won't even meet with GOAL, let alone tell Guida to stop doing what he's doing (and I'm sure that Guida is doing EXACTLY what Patrick wants him to do -- screw with gun owners). We don't have the votes in the legislature to pass legislation to change this.

Our only hope would be in federal court and GOAL doesn't have the money to pursue.

It's also NOT part of GOAL's charter to pursue legal actions. Their charter is to pursue LEGISLATIVE action (only).

Comm2A's charter is to do this sort of thing and that's why both orgs have their purposes and they don't overlap.

No kidding. I asked it in the other thread, but I'd like to see what the actual budget for the office in charge of this is, line item by line item. It IS public record, is it not?

HERE is a start.

That does not take into account support contracts, overhead, purchases, mail (a BIG part of this), etc.

Last edited:
So, just thinking this through . . .

1) Since the printed PDF is no longer accepted as a legitimate FA-10 form, then it could not possibly be fraud or illegal to submit a printed PDF of a fictitious transaction. It is nothing more than a work of fiction. A short story, if you will.

2) The rejection letter is accompanied by a valid FA-10 form.

3) Since the rejected transaction never actually happened, the legit FA-10 need not be wasted (which would be fraudulent anyway because the transfer never happened).

I see this as a foolproof way to obtain a blank FA-10 for $0.45.

Disclaimer: I suspect the above is appallingly bad advice. I will not do it and neither should you. If you do, I suspect you'll spend the next 10 years as Bubba's live action love doll.

On a more serious note . . .

Can we keep a tally of police stations that do have the forms and understand they are legal? So we know which ones to go to?

The new printed form is clearly different from the old one, so their copyright infringement thing would appear to be resolved, therefore there should be no problem with supplying the blessed paper.

Also, is there any way to either lean on the uncooperative PDs to obey the law, or to lean CHSB to in turn educate the PDs in the law? Yes, yes, I know. They WANT the confusion and scarcity.

Back
Top Bottom