Condition Red 1 Day Medical - Human Cadaver Lab - Fri, April 30, 2021 - BOSTON, MA

Hands-on medical with actual (deceased) human bodies.

This is unique opportunity to get as real-world as you can (safely) in a clinical setting under the instruction of a pro who trains USAF Pararescue and US Navy SEAL medics.

I'm told this is being held at cost (cadavers are expensive). This is also comparably cheaper than a live tissue lab.

For some (like myself) the class can also serve as stress innoculation.

-You'll learn how to control bleeds with red dye being pumped through blood vessels
-Ever wanted to do a needle decompression for tension pneumothorax?
-A cric airway?
-An I/O access when you can't find a blood vessel to place an IV?

Here's your opportunity.

Photos and video will be permitted, with some limitations out of respect to the donors and their families.

IMG950347-1-600x450.jpg

Chris van Houten
Condition Red, Inc

Human Cadaver Lab
Friday, April 30 (9 am to 5 pm with a break for lunch)
Boston, MA

This is a hands-on medical course - but not your ordinary medical course.

Human cadaver lab. Skills include tourniquet application, wound packing, junctional hemorrhage control, oropharangeal airway, nasopharangeal airway, king airway, eti, surgical cric, needle decompression, finger thoracostomy, chest tube insertion, gross anatomy, intraosseous access and more.

Signup:

The instructor can be reached by text and e-mail:

Phone:
631-626-5352
Email:
[email protected]

Last edited:
Although this would probably be excellent follow up training to the wilderness first responder course I just took...I think I might have an issue with screwing around with dead peoples lifeless bodies.

For any that can stomach it though...this is actually a good deal for an opportunity that you can’t get many places. $600 is way cheaper than I would have expected.

Yep. This is one of those classes that I don't really want to take.

But I think I'll be better prepared for doing so.

I can't imagine what the lunch break is like. Chris told me everybody goes for sushi around the corner in Chinatown.

BTW, there are no limitations as to what can be done with the cadavers for training purposes. It will be a dynamic class in that regard.

I believe there will be things like limb amputations, etc that will be covered.

Something you just can't do in a classroom only setting.

100% and you’ll absolutely be more prepared to deal with anything that would typically cause uneasiness in any of us that aren’t exposed to that kind of shit on a daily basis. The exposure will absolutely do you good, but the training will be unparalleled. There’s only so much you can do on a simulation dummy.

Literally my FIRST THOUGHT was about the lunch break though, lol.

If I didn’t live 1000 miles away and currently in the middle/end of a semester I might have to talk myself into this. I’m admittedly somewhat petrified with death...blood/guts don’t bother me, but I think I’d have nightmares for a few years after the class about the cadavers coming alive while I was cutting...but try not to think about that too much 😬

good on you for talking yourself into it! Who knows, it could help you SAVE someone’s life someday (same reason i took the wilderness first responder course). SO many of these guys on here probably have a med kit attached to their gear and I’d bet that next to none of them seek out the training to learn how to use it.

I think shooting the cadaver was an option - but we didn't do it. We had several LEO's in the class including a state trooper and the campus po-po came in after lunch to raise a hissy fit about firearms. Officer was literally hyperventilating until he saw the badges come out.

(As you know, college campuses are off-limits to carry for LTC holders in MA).

Back
Top Bottom