• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Conceled Carry Permit in Dover

Now that we have a new Democratic administration (pending) - I'm considering a Concealed Carry Permit - i don't actually need one, I'm sure I'm 'qualified', but am figuring i should get one now before 'THEY" change some laws and i might not be able to get one in the future...

is this a good idea? Is the process difficult in general? In Dover ??

The process is really quite simple, my daughter's boyfriend just received his from Dover. Go down to the PD and pick up the application or print it from here: http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/nhsp/documents/dssp85.pdf. Submit it to the Chief. He WILL contact your references. Within 14 days you will be contacted. Bring in your money and pick up your license. [smile]

Do some more research on this forum using the search feature.

You also have an approved course requirement. One is held at Holliston Sportsmans Club by Ed Glickman, which should be very close for you.

http://www.hsanews.com/index.htm

And, of course you know that you need to apply for a Class A license.

He doesn't need any of that, he's in New Hampshire. [wink]

What does this have to do with GONH?

Stop at your police department, fill out the form, hand it to them, and they'll tell you when it will be ready (from 5 minutes to 2 weeks), bring $10. I recommend exact change.

OP might be from ... Great Britain! I Love that song ...

There'll be bluebirds over
The white cliffs of Dover,
Tomorrow
Just you wait and see.

There'll be joy and laughter
And peace ever after,
Tomorrow
When the world is free,

The shepherd will count his sheep
The valleys will bloom again,
And Jimmy will go to sleep
In his own little room again,