Concealment furniture with locking system. Kid safe?

So... I have been holding off getting night stands for my wife and I. I've been using a stool for 3 years since buying our house.

We have a baby on the way so I think it's time to find a better way to hide and lock up these things... Yet keep them close by and quickly accessible.

I don't want the storage to be obvious.

Any suggestions?
I have been looking at concealment furniture for a while now but nothing seems to have great locking methods.

No clue on the furniture but congrats on the little one. Amazing how your life will change.

Don't forget to up your life insurance. In case anything happens to you , you'll want peace of mind that things will be taken care of in your absence.

if you try a search, someone here makes concealment furniture. nice looking stuff, too. i'm too lazy to search for it, but i remember a small night table type thingy.....i think.

Last edited:
So... I have been holding off getting night stands for my wife and I. I've been using a stool for 3 years since buying our house.

We have a baby on the way so I think it's time to find a better way to hide and lock up these things... Yet keep them close by and quickly accessible.

Any suggestions?
I have been looking at concealment furniture for a while now but nothing seems to have great locking methods.

Congrats man! Time to change you're screen-name to Diaper.

Depending on your situation there is also the "tactical walls" stuff but that requires cutting holes into your walls between studs or mounting big shelves

Oh and congrats on the new one... Say good by to free time...

Last edited:

Any suggestions?

Nothing is kid safe. Focus on education.

I'd think that concealment furniture with an actual lock would be fine until the kid can walk.

That said, toddler-safe is different from pre-teen resistant, and not even TL15 will stop a teenage miscreant with time and no sense of consequences.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you get ones that use this type of lock it would be less obvious for someone who finds the key. While you're at it use them on your cupboards to keep the kids out. Stick the key to your fridge.

These also work really well from what I can tell. They don't have a little plastic clip to fail. Without the key (magnet) you are fighting against a wedge. I want to say I saw a video of a guy hanging from a door locked with one and it held.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000488W2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

Thanks for the help and congratulations.

There's now way I can get Qline stuff. Wayyyy out of my budget though it does seem very nice.

Depending on your situation there is also the "tactical walls" stuff but that requires cutting holes into your walls between studs or mounting big shelves

Oh and congrats on the new one... Say good by to free time...

i have an idea for the wall stuff i thought of the other night while dreaming...dont wanna put it on here but someone with some skills could make it

i have an idea for the wall stuff i thought of the other night while dreaming...dont wanna put it on here but someone with some skills could make it

New term "Glock tease".... getting us all hot and bothered with new gun ideas and then walking away

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Easy peasy, just keep a loaded piece in the bottom of a diaper genie. No one will ever look in there!

10600_main_1.jpg

Nothing is kid safe. Focus on education.

+1

Congrats!!! I don't know any toddler that can grab a g17, insert a magazine and rack the slide. Once they are strong enough to do that they should already know about guns and what they do.

IMO locking a home defense weapon is setting yourself up for failure.

+1

Congrats!!! I don't know any toddler that can grab a g17, insert a magazine and rack the slide. Once they are strong enough to do that they should already know about guns and what they do.

IMO locking a home defense weapon is setting yourself up for failure.

I keep mine on me...but I change up which one I use depending on dress, weather etc. I need a place to dump the ones that are not currently in use.

The QLine stuff is out of my budget. Looking at other options but nothing seems great at the moment.
I'd ever go for something that hides an actual safe. I need it to look good and appear normal.

Gardall flush mount wall safe. No kid is ever getting in without the code or a blowtorch. 4 half inch lag bolt attach it to the framing in the walls. When the batts get low you have a plug override to replace the batts. (6 years haven't needed it yet) I can get out of bed and have my pistol in hand in maybe 3 seconds image.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom