• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Concealed

Kahr pm9. I carry mine with the 6 round mag and keep the spare 7 round mag in the watch pocket of my jeans.

My bodyguard is super easy to carry in any position you want, but I hate the .380 so I switched over to the Shield 9mm with a Alien Gear holster and love it. Considered selling the bodyguard but I figured Id keep it for the summer months...

You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.

Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence
Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence

What a bunch of wussies we've turned into[frown]

Have you shot a LCR? I don't know if the m&p BG trigger is improved from the old BG, but that trigger blows

I have owned both, and I don't think the trigger is any better. Overall I like the M&p version much better though. For its intended use, I don't consider the trigger to be a huge factor. For the price its a decent, highly concealable, and light weight carry option. If you want to spend twice as much though, the p938, and PM9 are both much nicer guns in that size category.

I've been looking for a summer carry myself and am in between the pm9 and the p938...I held the sig at a shop but that's about it...not sure how either shoots and have never held the pm9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have owned both, and I don't think the trigger is any better. Overall I like the M&p version much better though. For its intended use, I don't consider the trigger to be a huge factor. For the price its a decent, highly concealable, and light weight carry option. If you want to spend twice as much though, the p938, and PM9 are both much nicer guns in that size category.

I had the BG, it sucked, just acquired a 938, its a wicked nice firearm.

bought the new m&p bg w/desantis pocket holster trigger still blows. but with the trigger job available it is awesome. trigger is half the distance and half the pull . problem is the trigger is half of what the gun cost . but it is the lightest carry out there with the 380 cal. also they have the 10 round mag available if you want it.

I have owned both, and I don't think the trigger is any better. Overall I like the M&p version much better though. For its intended use, I don't consider the trigger to be a huge factor. For the price its a decent, highly concealable, and light weight carry option. If you want to spend twice as much though, the p938, and PM9 are both much nicer guns in that size category.[/QUOTE
Exactly why I got one for carry. I have other larger guns for range time and home defense.

My bodyguard is super easy to carry in any position you want, but I hate the .380 so I switched over to the Shield 9mm with a Alien Gear holster and love it. Considered selling the bodyguard but I figured Id keep it for the summer months...
I have bigger better guns for range time and home defense, but cannot sell the bodyguard its so damn cute and fits in my pocket nicely.

Have you shot a LCR? I don't know if the m&p BG trigger is improved from the old BG, but that trigger blows
Never shot an LCR but will check one out at LGS. the bodyguard trigger is heavy but very smooth. Its not a range gun. not a fun gun, but great for concealed carry. thats about it,nothing else.

Never shot an LCR but will check one out at LGS. the bodyguard trigger is heavy but very smooth. Its not a range gun. not a fun gun, but great for concealed carry. thats about it,nothing else.

Once you shoot an LCR you'll realize that the bodyguard trigger is pretty bad, but if it works for you then that's all that matters. As you said it's not a range gun.

Love my Sig p238. 2 six-round magazines will fit in one Remora mag holder in my back pocket. Small enough for pockets, easy in IWB, virtually weightless OWB with a good belt. Sometimes it comes along for summer fishing trips.

I've handled the 938, and while it's similar, it's noticeably bigger in-hand.

I just picked up a Ruger LC9S. Nice and and small, single stack 7+1 9mm, new striker trigger, and light. Good little package IMO.

Back
Top Bottom