Concealed carry road rage-both drivers DOA

Enraged drivers shoot, kill each other | wzzm13.com

IONIA, Mich. (WZZM) -- Two drivers are dead after a road rage incident escalated into a shootout. The incident happened around 6:45p.m. Wednesday on M-66 near Steele Street.

Witnesses tell WZZM 13 a one driver was following another driver too closely. The first driver pulled into the Wonder Wand Car Wash parking lot and the other driver followed them into the parking lot.

More from the article:

According to Police, Pullum had two passengers in his vehicle, but neither was injured.

According to what little has been reported, both drivers acted improperly, but at least they were accurate shooters, and nobody else was injured.

It sounds like the first guy may have pulled over just to let the other guy pass.

2nd driver was too close, 2nd driver pulled into parking lot to confront 1st guy. 2nd driver shot first. Sounds like he was the problem causer.

Not sure why all the jokes about dawin etc....from the looks of it the 1st driver should be mourned as a lost "good guy". Your driving down the road being followed by someone, you pull to let him pass, he follows you and gets out with a gun. You are carrying also, and, being a good guy, maybe hesitate a little too much and let him get off the first shot....now knowing your "clear to fire", you shoot back, mortally wounding the aggressor, but you've already been mortally wounded yourself. 1st driver could have been any one of us. I call it that 1st driver was a good guy, 2nd driver was a murderous scumbag just like any other that us good guys talk about on here.

Not sure why all the jokes about dawin etc....from the looks of it the 1st driver should be mourned as a lost "good guy". Your driving down the road being followed by someone, you pull to let him pass, he follows you and gets out with a gun. You are carrying also, and, being a good guy, maybe hesitate a little too much and let him get off the first shot....now knowing your "clear to fire", you shoot back, mortally wounding the aggressor, but you've already been mortally wounded yourself. 1st driver could have been any one of us. I call it that 1st driver was a good guy, 2nd driver was a murderous scumbag just like any other that us good guys talk about on here.

Good point.

+1

At risk of "blaming the victim," especially since I don't know all the facts, most (but not all) road rage incidents I have witnessed involve bad decisions by both drivers. Person1 gets pissed off and honks a horn at Person2, Person two flips off Person1, Person1 freaks out and becomes a rage monster, etc. This is called escalation. As your mom probably used to say, "it takes two to fight."

Not that any of this is grounds for drawing your firearm and shooting people. And if similarly confronted I would feel obliged to try to defend myself and my loved ones.

Let this be a reminder to all of us to avoid unnecessary escalation. You can't always predict the outcome. And there are some people out there who are just plain freaky.

I suspect there is more to this story. Both men from the same town, second driver following the first too close, then follows him into a parking lot and starts shooting? Seems fishy to me. I'd bet there was a pre-existing dispute between these two.

+1

At risk of "blaming the victim," especially since I don't know all the facts, most (but not all) road rage incidents I have witnessed involve bad decisions by both drivers. Person1 gets pissed off and honks a horn at Person2, Person two flips off Person1, Person1 freaks out and becomes a rage monster, etc. This is called escalation. As your mom probably used to say, "it takes two to fight."

this.

i know as i have been on both sides of the bullshit. it's stupid.

Who knows who started it on the road... Or why the first one drew his gun.

The one in front might have given the guy behind several brake checks... They might have changed positions... So the positioning is non determinant.

What a waste.

Who knows who started it on the road... Or why the first one drew his gun.

The one in front might have given the guy behind several brake checks... They might have changed positions... So the positioning is non determinant.

What a waste.

I can't argue this point, but something to consider: The anti's will use this against us. "See, two CCW's got into a gunfight over being cutoff". Things like this will bite the rest of us in the butt. To quote a stupid shirt, Keep calm and motor on when someone is being stupid.

Back
Top Bottom