• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Concealed Carry Reciprocity guide

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

Seems to be kept very up to date and allows you to see where your non-res (+res) permits will allow you to carry all at once. An excellent tool but the typical disclaimer that you are ultimately responsible for ensuring that you comply with local laws must be given. If you're traveling to other locations check for reciprocity as close to the source as you can :)

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

Seems to be kept very up to date and allows you to see where your non-res (+res) permits will allow you to carry all at once. An excellent tool but the typical disclaimer that you are ultimately responsible for ensuring that you comply with local laws must be given. If you're traveling to other locations check for reciprocity as close to the source as you can :)

According to that site, MA doesn't accept a LTC from any other state. Same for ME as well, which sucks for me as we have property in ME. Would be real nice if ME recognized TX, or UT or FL permits (or NH's for that matter).

The good news is I can carry in VT, the bad news is that there is no reason for me to set foot in VT lol.

EDIT:

Also, I am trying to figure out how many permits I would have to get to be able to drive down to South Carolina while carrying the entire way. It looks as though I'm screwed because I can get permits for: SC, Mass, CT, MD, NJ, and FL (gets me CC in DE), but I cannot seem to find a state that has reciprocity with NY, and I kinda have to drive through NY. So much for driving down the eastern seaboard carrying non-stop.

It was a fun thought exercise, way too expensive to actually carry out [sad]. I'd probably just get an SC permit and just drive straight to VA where I would be able to CC.

Last edited:
NY accepts NY only and does not issue non-res. They single-handedly prevent exactly what you were looking for. Add to that the fact that traveling through NYC -- even legally under FOPA -- seems to be somewhat shady as I have heard stories that have me being sure to avoid the potential trouble entirely. If me, a MA resident, finds it restrictive I can't imagine what someone like you, from NH, must think ;)

According to that site, MA doesn't accept a LTC from any other state. Same for ME as well, which sucks for me as we have property in ME. Would be real nice if ME recognized TX, or UT or FL permits (or NH's for that matter).

The good news is I can carry in VT, the bad news is that there is no reason for me to set foot in VT lol.

EDIT:

Also, I am trying to figure out how many permits I would have to get to be able to drive down to South Carolina while carrying the entire way. It looks as though I'm screwed because I can get permits for: SC, Mass, CT, MD, NJ, and FL (gets me CC in DE), but I cannot seem to find a state that has reciprocity with NY, and I kinda have to drive through NY. So much for driving down the eastern seaboard carrying non-stop.

It was a fun thought exercise, way too expensive to actually carry out [sad]. I'd probably just get an SC permit and just drive straight to VA where I would be able to CC.

does NJ even issue NR permits? I didnt think they did.....

It looks as though I'm screwed because I can get permits for: SC, Mass, CT, MD, NJ, and FL (gets me CC in DE),
There is a difference between "the allows for permits" and "YOU can get one". Unless you have a name I'd recognize from the news, the chances you can get a NJ permit are slim. MD also reserves permits for persons of privilege, power and influence.

I do know someone who had (maybe still has - haven't seen him in years) a NJ non resident carry permit, but he was a rep for several firms in the firearms industry you would recognize and had a boatload of LE contacts - and even then he told me it was tough.

The ultimate example is HI where, last I checked, exactly ONE carry permit was issued (to a high ranking civilian employee of the PD).

NY accepts NY only and does not issue non-res.

There was one NY county that USED to issue non-resident permits up until the early 90's. Been there, done that, got the shirt. Well, no shirt, but I did get a NY non resident permit. The judge added a 5 year expiration to non-resident permits, and eventually stopped issuing them when the county law department advised him he lacked jurisdictional authority. He was even issuing them to foreigners - the application had a box "check here is Canadian, eh?". Ok, so I added the "eh?" part - but the rest is accurate as I can attest from personal experience.

Last edited:
Not a state, but with almost 3 times the population as Hawaii, the city of Los Angeles used to be even tighter. When Williams took over as chief after Gates left in '92, he wasn't allowed to carry a gun, since he hadn't passed the required LAPD firearms training for officers and the department refused to issue carry permits to anyone, even their own chief.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom