• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Concealed carry permit holder stops shooting rampage in Portland.

"The unidentified concealed carry permit holder is not facing charges, and is, of course, being ignored by the national media for being yet another “good guy with a gun” who stopped yet another bad guy with a gun."

Well, not actually ignoring him - how about maybe prosecuting him. He will be judged by twelve rather than carried by six...

State licensing agency to investigate shots fired by bouncer at Portland strip club

"If the Mystic Gentlemen's Club's manager or owner had known that the bouncer, licensed as an unarmed private security officer, was carrying a concealed handgun, the company could face a state sanction for violating the Private Security Provider's Act by "knowingly employing a person in a position for which they were unlicensed,'' Gabliks said.

The security officer, the manager or owner of the club could face a sanctions if state investigators find there was an "intent to violate or avoid'' the licensing requirements, Henson said. The sanctions could include either a suspension of their private security licenses or a fine.

Don Rees, Multnomah County's chief deputy district attorney, said Tuesday that a grand jury will not only review the masked gunman's use of deadly force against Rizzo, but "the use of deadly force by the club bouncer to determine whether his actions are justified by Oregon criminal law.''

One of the articles I read lead me to believe the second bouncer followed the shooter out and shot him.

It'll be interesting to see how that will be looked at, whether or not someone was still in danger of being shot.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not heartbroken the perp got a taste of hi own medicine. Just wondering how it will be viewed by the D.A./law.

Back
Top Bottom