• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

concealed carry pants

expedition03

NES Member
I start a new job and need to wear khakis and a polo. Recommendations for pants I can conceal carry my firearm in. I have seen shorts you can put your firearm in the pocket. I either will do my g26 or g19. Thanks.

I dig Apex from 5.11 so much that I now wear them every day. Other models will be even more low-vis. Integrated "stretch" panels run from the pockets to the waistline, so it can adjust as needed to IWB vs no carry. Last I checked they only had two stores east of the Mississippi, Saugus and Braintree. Easy enough to drop by and try for size.

I start a new job and need to wear khakis and a polo. Recommendations for pants I can conceal carry my firearm in. I have seen shorts you can put your firearm in the pocket. I either will do my g26 or g19. Thanks.
il_570xN.992960350_7127.jpg
5.11 non cargos work well. If you’re near Saugus I think there’s a store on Rte.1

Might want to consider getting some pants tailored if you're wearing dress pants on a daily basis.

I dig Apex from 5.11 so much that I now wear them every day. Other models will be even more low-vis. Integrated "stretch" panels run from the pockets to the waistline, so it can adjust as needed to IWB vs no carry. Last I checked they only had two stores east of the Mississippi, Saugus and Braintree. Easy enough to drop by and try for size.

Shooters Outpost carries a wide selection of 5.11 pants.

agree 5.11 apex are great. i dig the stretchy material and pocket arrangement. solid design. good for hot weather a little thin for extreme cold but not terrible. some of the other 5.11 pants suck.vertx also makes great stuff find a coupon code on youtube for like 25% off otherwise rape prices. 5.11 runs sales i usually wait and then buy another oair of apex pants. there are stores in saugus and braintree prices are identical to online.

Last edited:
I've had Vertx, 5.11, Blackhawk, LAPG and Proper cargo pants(and regular pants). They all have stretchy parts to go around the holster(also helps if you're a fatty). The Blackhawk are thick but the quality's not quite as good. 5.11 are def nice as are the Vertx. Proper is pretty good. All can be found on the LAPG clearance if you pay attention to it. Also, a FB pewpew friend has his own code(not sure if he gets something from it, but hey it's a discount) if you use johnnylaw for the coupon you'll get 10% off. Basically saved me the cost of shipping for boots.

5.11 pants are tacticool as hell - it's so blatantly obvious that the wearer is probably carrying that it's not even funny. They're not even close to looking like traditional office slacks.

OP - you're not going to pocket carry a G26 or G19. Get a single-stack Glock, a snobnose revolver, an LCP, etc and some slacks with big pockets - Dockers work well, from my experience.

5.11 pants are tacticool as hell - it's so blatantly obvious that the wearer is probably carrying that it's not even funny. They're not even close to looking like traditional office slacks.

OP - you're not going to pocket carry a G26 or G19. Get a single-stack Glock, a snobnose revolver, an LCP, etc and some slacks with big pockets - Dockers work well, from my experience.

This, although I doubt an avg retard would know what 511 pants are, dockers or similar work fine, one size up if needed. The belt is the key to everything. I use an SOE but there's tons of other options.

I have a few pairs of 5.11 Covert Cargo pants, they are the 100% cotton pants - they're not really tactical, no padded kneepads or anything, more like work pants. They have a 2nd zipped pocket hidden behind each front pockets, and you could put a pocket holster in there, and put phone or whatever in the pocket in front of it. Having said that they're not my favorite pants, they're kind of heavy, and I prefer some of 5.11's lighter weight pants like Apex.

You may find other pants in their lineup that have a hidden pocket behind the front pockets. I don't use pocket holsters much, and I don't like putting a pocket holder in the cargo pockets, cause you really feel the weight hanging there. It has to go in the front pocket for me.

5.11 has like 20 models of pants now, hard to generalize about them. While they don't go with a suit jacket or tie, they're perfectly fine if you're wearing Polo shirts to work.

I've had Vertx, 5.11, Blackhawk, LAPG and Proper cargo pants(and regular pants). They all have stretchy parts to go around the holster(also helps if you're a fatty). The Blackhawk are thick but the quality's not quite as good. 5.11 are def nice as are the Vertx. Proper is pretty good. All can be found on the LAPG clearance if you pay attention to it. Also, a FB pewpew friend has his own code(not sure if he gets something from it, but hey it's a discount) if you use johnnylaw for the coupon you'll get 10% off. Basically saved me the cost of shipping for boots.

Thanks, I forgot about LAPG, good place to buy 5.11. I bought most of mine when you could easily get 40-50% discounts on 5.11 stuff, but those days seem to be gone.

Thanks, I forgot about LAPG, good place to buy 5.11. I bought most of mine when you could easily get 40-50% discounts on 5.11 stuff, but those days seem to be gone.

They still have some awesome deals, waiting for the post-season shorts to get in clearance

They still have some awesome deals, waiting for the post-season shorts to get in clearance

Yeah I see some good deals there, i bookmarked their clearance page!
One thing I wish 5.11 would do is label their clothes so you know what the model is. I forget and have to pore over pics to figure out what I own so I can order new ones.

I really like the 5.11 pockets and features, but i like to be a bit more “grey” than that.

My favorite pants are plain 4 pocket khakis for work. I look like everyone else and its not hard to put a pistol on my belt when i get home.

Dude 5.11 offers like 30 different pants. Some look like khakis, others look like a swat member. Probably worth learning the product line a bit. Dockers are about as cool as pampers.

Dude 5.11 offers like 30 different pants. Some look like khakis, others look like a swat member. Probably worth learning the product line a bit. Dockers are about as cool as pampers.

I bought a pair of Dockers once and it was like wearing cardboard pants. Maybe they've improved, I don't know.

5.11 even has blue jeans now. maybe that's jumping the shark.

You can find the Proper’s at some army navy stores. I have been wearing their cargo pants for the extra side thigh pocket. The extra storage is great on those days I need to use my cane.

Bob

Maybe the OP isn't going to, but when I had a G26 and a G19, I pocket carried both. Just sayin'.

The newer generation of 5.11 pants are actually pretty normal looking like the Apex, Defender Flex Jeans, and Bravo pants.

Lately, I’ve found Wrangler has a “Outdoor Gear” line I find pretty comfortable for every day wear. I’ve got a dedicated pair when I do any yard work or do any car maintenance.

It doesn't take much sewing to change a pocket so it carries your CC in a better position. I have some old black BDUs that are like that from the factory, other pants just take one quick line to change the shape and depth of the pocket. And don't carry anything else in the same pocket.

This, although I doubt an avg retard would know what 511 pants are, dockers or similar work fine, one size up if needed. The belt is the key to everything. I use an SOE but there's tons of other options.

I wear whatever the eff i want...just with the next size up in waist....ymmv...belt is key though.

Back
Top Bottom