• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Concealed carry of older firearms

I purchased firearms while a resident of RI (late 1960's). Do not have any of the sales records. Moved to Mass with my firearms in 1974 and have been here since. Had a class A RI LTC when I moved here and also got my Mass class A LTC in 1974.

My question is whether or not I can legally concealed carry these firearms; Hi Standard .22 magnum derringer, Titan .25 auto.

Thanks.

Just to add to pilgrim, it cannot be something borrowed from another person in another state. If a friend from another state had a gun you borrowed, you can only use it for sporting purposes. Federal law BS.

It should go without saying, but can't, that you need to have a license to possess or carry ANY gun, concealed or otherwise in Massachusetts.

- - - Updated - - -

The OP didn't mention if his license was still valid since 1974.

My LTC was valid from 19784 until very recent renewal.

- - - Updated - - -

That is 1974

How recent is very recent? Your information isn't very clear.

Regardless: you need a Class A LTC issued for all lawful purposes (restrictions field should say "none") to carry a firearm concealed in MA

I like the HS derringer in light shorts on occasion. If you remove the handles and cover the hole with grip tape it is barely noticeable in the summer (or at work :).

The Titan was the gun that Amy Fisher used to shoot Mary Jo Buttafucco in the face at point blank... not too much damage.

Back
Top Bottom