Concealed Carry in MA

If MA is so anti gun (and it is), how did CCW get passed in the first place? When did it? And why hasnt it been removed by the liberal nazis in the statehouse?

Eric,

Shhh! Don't let them figure it out or your comments will become reality.

It is my understanding that MA LTC started in the 1910s as a way to prevent blacks, Irish, etc. from owning weapons.

Major attacks on gun ownership didn't really start until 1968, after Robert Kennedy was assassinated. President John F. Kennedy was a member of NRA and a hunter IIRC. When the cries for gun control started after the President was assassinated, it never went anywhere. After RFK however, that was "the straw that broke the camel's back" and ended mail-order sales of guns, etc.

Ever since 1975, GOAL has been responsible for keeping the worst legislation from passing (many attempts to ban ALL HANDGUNS, etc.). It's rare that we "win one", but they have helped mightily to prevent us from losing all!

The GCA of 1998 was a "bag job" done in the back room over a few days with only 5 hand-picked antis involved in a total re-write of that bill into a horrendous law. GOAL was purposely left out of the loop on that one and the House and Senate Leadership THREATENED legislators if they didn't vote affirmatively with NO amendments and no debate. Only a handful of legislators even read the re-written bill before voting on it. This was an exception to what we've usually been able to do under GOAL's leadership.

sixdouble532one said:
eric keep it quiet. [wink] I dont need them comming into my house and boxing up all of my guns and dumping them into the ocean.......

Just give me the coordinates and I'll get 'em back for ya! A little gun oil and they'll be as good as new!

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

Thats what they did with all the military issue guns when my grandfather was stationed in Guam. They were dumping truckloads of guns into the sea off of Guam because it would cost more to ship them back to the usa. Lame. "So what are those coordinates grandpa?"

The JFK, RFK, and MLK shootings are the reasons typically given for the passage of GCA '68, but hte reality is a little different. Nothing really happened until the Detroit riots and the images of a lot of Blacks running around the streets with guns. Everybody was reassured that FFL licensing would allow any honest person to get a license for a nominal fee; it was just something intended to give some leverage with people selling large numbers of guns to "those people". Then BATF needed to be more active to justify a bigger budget, Clinton decided that there really shouldn't be so many dealers, and of course, we still have a problem with "those people" getting hold of guns. Just listen to what they say today. Mumbles, Sarah and Rosenthal don't what to take away your guns; they just want to stop "those people" from getting guns.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom