• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Concealed Carry in Hawaii

Garys

NES Member
For all intents and purposes there is none. Which is too bad because just about everyone wears their shirts un tucked. Concealed carry would be very easy.

While I was in Honolulu, I saw people walking down the street handing out cards for three different gun clubs. They all seem to cater to the large number of Japanese tourists, since they can't have any guns at home in Japan.

I didn't check out rates, since I was interested in shooting while I was there.

Finally, I did see an advertisement on TV for a gun shop. They showed a large selection of long guns and hand guns for sale. I didn't get a chance to stop in since we had so much other stuff going on.

HI was number one in percentage for Obama. Never been but from what I've heard it is a screwed up expensive lefty hell-hole. That is really pretty with great weather.

HI was number one in percentage for Obama. Never been but from what I've heard it is a screwed up expensive lefty hell-hole. That is really pretty with great weather.

Well, he grew up there, so he's a native son. That aside, it's a pretty confusing place when it comes to politics. Typical non smoking liberal policies, typical liberal seat belt laws, but NO helmet law for motorcycles. Has to do with federal money, I guess.

Lot's of homeless people, even in Waikiki, which is the tourist area. Outside of that Honolulu itself is big city, with all of the typical big city problems.

It IS gorgeous though.

[smile]
IHMSA used to run matches in Hawaii in the 80's. I was a match director here in MA. Once on a trip there, I visited their range and looked around as no one was there that day. It looked like a nice place to shoot.

Lot's of homeless people, even in Waikiki, which is the tourist area. Outside of that Honolulu itself is big city, with all of the typical big city problems.

Good point about the homeless, the yearlong nice weather is a big factor in attracting that. Hawaii also has a good number of people that have AIDS. With great (or better then average) State health-care, HI attracts lots of people with AIDS from the California and the San Francisco Bay area.

Having said that, I want to live there someday. I don't care if I can carry or not, too be honest. I want to surf! Crime from what I remember is very low - except for what you'd expect in built-up urban area's like Waikiki and Kona. I was stationed on Oahu for three years, and now my uncle owns a house on the Big Island and that's where I'll end my time. Screw this winter shit. It is expensive there, but if you live smart, eat fish and don't hangout in touristy area's then it's not bad.

If I went to hawaii I'd want to carry - especially with that wild DOG they have running around there.

Dog-Bounty-Hunter-tv-12.jpg

Back
Top Bottom