• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Conceal Carry

Concealing a p226 is going to be EXTREMELY difficult man. I have a 229, and it's still like carrying a brick. If you're not planning on open carrying, I would suggest looking at another gun for ccw.

For a true ccw gun, personally if I were you, I would be looking at a glock 26, glock 19, small wheel gun, walther pps, walther p99c, or another compact/sub-compact variant. Stay away from full frame pistols, you're going to get VERY uncomfortable, very fast (unless of course you're open carrying, in which case more power to you, rock and roll)

Last edited:
I carry a P226 in a Comptac M-tac, great holster and a great firearm. I'm a fairly good size guy who has lost a lot of weight but I haven't had any trouble concealing it under a collared shirt. In winter it's not even an issue.

I've got a Don Hume P.C.C.H. for mine, it works well and is comfortable, but feels like a lot of gun is riding over the belt line so it can feel a little wobbly. Conceals just fine though.

I have a Sig P245 in a Crossbreed IWB holster and no matter how hard I try, it does not conceal well at all.

Experiment with the position of the holster a bit. I've found that 3:00 position conceals best for me, but I'm sure everyone is different.

5'8" and 175. Ive carried my P226 with a 17 round mag. Its a pain but can be done. Im using a Desantis, not sure which model.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk

While my G19 is not quite full size, its not really too compact either. I'm not a big guy though, just 5'5", 135 lb and I can conceal it well with the right attire.

Ditto, AND a quality gun belt. I carry a full size XD very comfortably with a Crossbreed holster and a Beltman belt. As long as I keep my shirt on you'd never know it's there. [wink]

Yes, can't forget the belt! I'd recommend Andy Langlois who is a member here, he has great affordable belts.

Are you guys 6.5' tall 300 lbs? I could never carry a full size pistol.

6'3, 215#. Idk, the G17 seems quite slimline for what it is - I could never carry my 1911s on my frame. Might be because of the weight, thought, makes it stick in your mind more.

Honestly, people don't really see anything unless you really print. It's mostly in your head.

hv74o0.gif

hahahaha

Dude I don't dress around my gun. Loose t-shirts and loose clothing in general do not exist in my closet. CCW full size = tons of fun.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom