• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

conceal carry with a MA restricted ltc in states other than MA

I know that Michigan says if you have a restricted ltc in ma its restricted in MI. Has anyone heard of other states? not asking for advice just seeing if anyone else has researched this. i think texas doesn't care from what I've read.

I mean about restrictions being applied outside of ma

Where on the site do you see outside of MA restrictions are or are not applied

I'd also be interested in the answer to this question, and none of the links that have been posted are in any way responsive to the it...
Have you heard anything? I've researched for a week straight and all ive found is texas doesn't care and VT,NH and ME are all concealed carry without permit. one person said to email the AG of each state

Have you heard anything? I've researched for a week straight and all ive found is texas doesn't care and VT,NH and ME are all concealed carry without permit. one person said to email the AG of each state
Nope. And no one seems interested in giving any responsive answers here...

My suggestion to cover yourself would get to get a non-resident permit from a few other states. Personally I have AZ and ME (in addition to MA unrestricted). I plan on getting a resident NH permit once I get property up there.

Dont know about Ma restrictions in other states but a Utah or Fla non-Res permit covers you in multiple other states.
Also, I might wrong here but, I dont know if any other states honor a MA LTC anyway.

Last edited:
I replied to something similar in another thread. When my daughter was a student at St. Louis University, she had a restricted LTC from Ma. I emailed the then Democrat AG and asked if Missouri would enforce the restriction placed on her license by Ma. He said they would. This was before Mo. got a Republican Governor, AG, and Constitutional Carry. So, my answer is it would depend on the state. Contact the AG's office for the particular state you are interested in.

I guess the real question is, what is a cop going to do if you end up in a situation where he finds out you're carrying and you have to present your LTC? He's not going to care about the call you made to the AG. At that point it's as much a cultural thing as anything else, I don't know if we can get a straight answer to it.

You have a straight answer for NH, ME & VT. I would venture to guess it’s the same in any constitutional carry state. Your Stockholm syndrome is showing.

Back
Top Bottom