• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

conceal carry question

I have my Class A and want to make sure I abide by the law. So here I am, this may be an odd question but butter to ask than assume.

What are the restrictions of carrying if riding a bicycle?
1) is it allowed?
2) must it be on my person or may it be in a bag that is secured to the bike frame within a few inches from me?

I have found a few sites that give me information but none of them are for Massachusetts.

either under direct control OR unloaded and locked in a container

in a bag attached to the bike is probably under your control but anytime you separate from the bike then it's probably not and then should be unloaded and locked in a container.

This is why I carry on my person. If I get off the bike and forget that the gun is there, it's out of my control and I'd guess a violation of the storage law. If I get in an accident and am separated from the bike, same thing. On my person is the best way, at least I think so.

either under direct control OR unloaded and locked in a container

in a bag attached to the bike is probably under your control but anytime you separate from the bike then it's probably not and then should be unloaded and locked in a container.

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome, just wanted to make sure. Thank you for the info guys!!!

One other thing to think about is your route. I used to bike through Stonehill College, but can't if I carry. Also can't carry on Army Corps of Engineers land, so some of the Cape bike paths might be off limits. Stuff like that, just plan accordingly.

Do roads that run by/through a campus count? I thought if the state/town maintained the road, you were fine...

Back
Top Bottom