• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Conceal carry in the front? (above your we...e)

Hi all,

Anyone here regularly conceal carry IWB right in front at the belly button, how you feel?? I know it's properly safe but I always conceal carry on the side hip. Feel so uncomfortable have the muzzle pointing at my wee wee. LOL :eek::D:oops:o_O I have seen lots of Youtube videos people doing that but I can get over the thought that what if.....

Thank you

A lot of people carry AIWB. If you don’t like it, don’t do it. If you do try it, be careful.

Some folks prefer guns with safeties or DA/SA for AIWB carry. If you carry a Glock, another choice is to install a striker control device (now sold by Langdon Tactical). The biggest problems I’ve had with AIWB are 1) comfort and 2) concealment. When I sit down, I find the muzzle end of the holster digs into my groin. I’ve got a pot belly and I find it makes the gun stick out. I’ve tried various wedges, without great success. For me it works better with my thinner Glock 43x than my Glock 19.

I will admit that when I practice AIWB at the range, I am working at about 60% of my normal speed. It isn’t my usually way of carry. I’ve been training and competing with my holster at 3-4 o’clock for decades.

Like any way of carrying, it has advantages and disadvantages. So pick your poison.

I AIWB carry all the time with a glock 26. Having a shorter muzzle helps with the comfort level. With the shorter muzzle I find it the most comfortable way to carry a pistol I have found besides chest carry in a hill people gear kit bag. That is reserved for when I'm hiking though, it looks way out of place anywhere else haha. With a good holster with a wing and a stiff belt, plus the right clothes I find AIWB conceals very well, better than strong side most of the time (especially when you have to bend over i.e. shopping, picking up a backpack etc.). I have a comptac AWB holster and a nexbelt, and wear cotton or linen shirts with a pattern.

In general it is a good idea to get professional training, but especially so with AIWB in my opinion. I was taught to keep my trigger finger high on the gun, on the ejection port, and to reholster sloooowly. Also, if seated (another place where AIWB really shines IMHO) I bridge up so I'm not pointing the gun at my nether regions when I draw. I have posted this video before, but southnarc puts on phenomenal training and has some great pointers for drawing here. He really stresses muzzle discipline in his classes.

Is there any other way to carry?

I really don’t get the fear of blowing your dick off. If I thought it might happen to me, either aiwb or on the hip, I think I’d just avoid carrying entirely. I will say though that I’ll almost always remove the holster, put the gun in, then jam the whole thing in my pants rather than reholster a loaded gun with the holster still iwb. I think I’d do that either aiwb or on the hip.

I am not having a gun pointing at my junk, or my thigh, or any other body part. Think about this. Companies can't get good help, so the people assembling these guns are far from the best and brightest. I'm not taking the risk by having a gun pointed at my body under any circumstances.

649 revolver with Barami hip grips. Most 'naked carry' you can get. Basically old school Mexican Style. Hammer is shrouded and the trigger is a long DA so it's hard to pull it on accident. Takes a bit of getting used to but it's easy on/off and very secure with a belt. Draw is fast and controlled. Not too many people carry this way but it works for me.

I am not having a gun pointing at my junk, or my thigh, or any other body part. Think about this. Companies can't get good help, so the people assembling these guns are far from the best and brightest. I'm not taking the risk by having a gun pointed at my body under any circumstances.
Carrying a firearm means sometimes you're flagging yourself or others.

I know it's properly safe ...
Right... So what's the question? AIWB is one of my favorite methods of carrying. It's comfortable and provides great access, especially when seated in the car.

Look into how modern handguns actually work inside. It would take a catastrophic and very noticeable set of simultaneous failures to make one go off without the trigger being pulled.

Like, the firing pin block would have to break... and fall out of some newly formed hole... and then you'd have to take a hammer to the back of the slide to pop the striker... You're infinitely more likely to inadvertently pull the trigger, which is why it's particularly important with AIWB to have a proper fitting kydex holster that covers the trigger guard.

Hi all,

Anyone here regularly conceal carry IWB right in front at the belly button, how you feel?? I know it's properly safe but I always conceal carry on the side hip. Feel so uncomfortable have the muzzle pointing at my wee wee. LOL :eek::D:oops:o_O I have seen lots of Youtube videos people doing that but I can get over the thought that what if.....

Thank you
Don't carry it at 12:00 so it's pointing at your pecker, move it over a little to 1-1:30.

I should mention that I'm pretty skinny, 5'11" and about 140, so that might help make AIWB work so well for me.
I’m the opposite of skinny, so AIWB doesn’t work for me. The flagging is a non issue, unless you’re playing with it for some stupid reason like people do with pocket carry. I’m still a 3:30 guy.

Just don't carry the wrong gun, especially in this position.

View: https://youtu.be/2fn6GFSwTEw

It is such a piece of sh*t, the only thing that stopped the firing was a jam. [rofl]

I took a new guy to the range on Monday. Aparently someone told him Taurus where the most common guns for new gun owners. I told him that person was a moron and to come with me to the mill when he gets his LTC.

Careful of getting a freedom boner during the SHTF and risk injuring yourself.

View attachment 659162
Umm... was that from the Brazilian model?

ignorance-is-bliss-cypher.gif

Back
Top Bottom