• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Compound bow string

I have had my bow for 3 years and only put maybe 300 shots through it and the string looks perfect just wondering since its been sitting for a little bit should I have it restrung or is it fine to use until it shows more string wear?

All factory strings suck, they creep and stretch. That said, keep your string and cables waxed and they'll last a whole lot longer.

Word to the wise. If you think it's junk, don't trust it.

I would think after only 300 shots, it's barely broken in. I do that in a weekend.

Ditto on Boxerjake's comments. My bow is also about 3 and I have 1,000s of shots through it and the string is fine. At this point I would think the string is done stretching. Just keep using it and don't worry until you see threads fraying off. Keep dirt and grit off the string. Grit that gets into the string will wear it from the inside.

I replace mine every couple years. They are cheap enough I prefer not to have it break when I want to shoot a deer.

thanks shot well today but could probably use some adjustments, forgot how much of a workout a 60 pound pull was after awhile.

All factory strings suck, they creep and stretch. That said, keep your string and cables waxed and they'll last a whole lot longer.

Word to the wise. If you think it's junk, don't trust it.

I would think after only 300 shots, it's barely broken in. I do that in a weekend.

this, do some extra waxing around the cable guide, and be careful about laying it up against anything sharp. If it stretches enough to start jumping out of cam track, its time to replace

Good trick for waxingis use a hairdryer . Wax your string and cables, heat lightly with a hairdryer and rub it in with a folded Business card. You can use fingers but friction gets hot. This will insure you get wax in the strings not just on. Just remember too much left on will collect dirt, you don't want that.

Back
Top Bottom