Composite AK Mags question

A friend in a free state wants to give me a poly Tapco 30rd AK mag. I looked it over and there is no date on it just Tapco USA, 7.62x39mm and cage code 3e2q7. Would this poly mag be illegal? What makes it illegal if it is? Ive searched this site but I dont think Im looking in the correct place to find my answer, thanks Tom

A friend in a free state wants to give me a poly Tapco 30rd AK mag. I looked it over and there is no date on it just Tapco USA, 7.62x39mm and cage code 3e2q7. Would this poly mag be illegal? What makes it illegal if it is? Ive searched this site but I dont think Im looking in the correct place to find my answer, thanks Tom

Any mag that holds more than 10 rounds of ammo that was manufactured after 9/13/94 is illegal to possess in MA. (felony).

I have no idea when Tapco starting making AK mags. I -thought- they were a new manuf, but I could be wrong. With all the prebans out there I'd probably just assume pass on it.

-Mike

Any mag that holds more than 10 rounds of ammo that was manufactured after 9/13/94 is illegal to possess in MA. (felony).

I have no idea when Tapco starting making AK mags. I -thought- they were a new manuf, but I could be wrong. With all the prebans out there I'd probably just assume pass on it.

-Mike

Thanks Mike,
I knew the date of 1994 for pre ban, but wasnt sure how I could even tell when it was made without a "date" stamped on it, or if poly 30rd mags were illegal in Ma.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom