Component Question

Ok, quick question. I'm looking at getting into reloading at the begining of the year and looking around at buying some bulk brass.

Whats the story with it in this state. I heard there was some push by GOAL to get it changed but lost track.

Anyone able to tell me whats the law reguarding mail ordering for brass and bullets?

Ditto on Ebay for brass.
I got my first bulk order of brass from ebay, and for the most part it was all in good once fired condition.

Adam

PS. What caliber are you going to start reloading first?

And when I say that I don't know if I should tell you where I get my led.

I mean, on the forum. You can PM me and I'll let you know.

Unless the AG isn't going after people that are shipping lead into MA.

Len might be able to answer that one for me.

C-pher said:

I suggest the method you're doing right now.

I will suggest talking to some of the tire places for lead, offer to bring them a bucket for it, and switch buckets frequently. Some places will let you have it for free, and you can't beat that. I'm also fond of using the stuff as well.

Nickle said:
C-pher said:

I suggest the method you're doing right now.

I will suggest talking to some of the tire places for lead, offer to bring them a bucket for it, and switch buckets frequently. Some places will let you have it for free, and you can't beat that. I'm also fond of using the stuff as well.

Yea, when I say lead I was also talking about already cast, sized, lubed, and moly coated.

I find that just buying it is cheaper than the time used to cast, size and lube your heads. Mainly because average people aren't going to have a machine in thier home.

Hey Skald.... I see you shoot at Old Colony, do you shoot in the Eastern Mass League?

I shoot .223 and .243 as well if you need help with loads just let me know.I'd be glad to get you started.

You've got all winter to practice. Eastern Mass starts in April. And you don't have to be a fantastic shooter to shoot in the league. Old Colony sends up 2 teams and they do have a few hot shots. It's a fun set of matches. You ought to think about it.

Frank

I wouldn't post (or allow to be posted-that's the Mod in me speaking) publicly the names of any place out of state that will ship ANY components into MA. The AG and his goon squad just love that sort of info.

Local garages and tire shops are the best bet for raw lead.

Bullets are another story, but keep in mind that shipping can be a killer vs. buying directly yourself (at gun shows or from your favorite dealer).

I know it's a hike from Hanover but up here at Rileys new Winchester .243 brass is about $12.-/ 50 cases. Not a bad deal reallly. And new .223 Winchester brass is $12.50/100.

Lead

If anyone on this can use "range lead" from an indoor facility - basically, masses of bullets have sintered themselves into solid lumps resembling some sort of alien rock - I can get you enough to sag the spings on any thing with less than 8 wheels for free, but you have to pick it up.

PM me if interested.

Jarhead said:
Skald.............

I found this site that may be of interest to you and anyone else that may be looking for bulk brass.

http://www.brassmanbrass.com/

Holy crap, they have good prices.

And if you don't mind spending hours sorting. Try going to an indoor range and ask if you can have all the spent brass. Most of the time, they just sweep it up and get rid of it.

Back
Top Bottom