Component availability central Massachusetts

I'm beginning my quest into reloading. I enjoy and respect this sport, so learning about and actually reloading seems a natural progression. I like being challenged in learning new things. So, reading and taking reloading classes are in order. I'm mostly interested in handgun calibers of .38 special,.380 ACP, 9mm, and .45 ACP.

My question has to do with component availability in the central Massachusetts area? While I'm an ammo-holic and for quite a while the hunt for ammo was almost as intoxicating as shooting, will I be spending my time chasing primers and powder to purchase? Logical question? [wink]

Pullman carries some bullets and primers now.

Honestly....take a ride up to Hooksett,NH. You'll find everything you need at Shooters or Rileys. Bass pro is up there too but they dont have much for reloading.
Tax free holiday every day there too.

Not sure how far it is from you but heritage gun and coin in RI was a goto shop for me. Last trip was early 2012 though.

Shooters Outpost and Riley's has plenty of primers at fair prices but the only pistol powders they had left when I was there on Friday, was 700x. Plenty of rifle powders but the pistol powders were wiped out. I think Al's guns in Derry, NH only had Unique pistol powder last week or the week before. Bullets are easy to get online so it's really just powders you're going to have to do some hunting for.

D&L Shooting Supplies in RI has a good supply of pistol powder at fair prices (I.e. CFE $20.99/lb). Stopped there earlier today and they had;

IMR PB 8 # Jugs
Trail Boss: 5# Jugs
IMR 4895 8# Jugs
Win 748 & 780 - 8# Jugs
CFE Pistol - 1# Cans & 8# Jugs
Titegroup - 1# Cans
IMR 7625 - 1# Cans
Bullseye - 1# Cans
Power Pistol - 1# Cans
Red Dot - 1# Cans
Blue Dot - 1# Cans

You can stop in or call 401 738 1889 to order - they ship hazmat and also have primers at about $30/K for CCI SPP & LPP. I told them to expect some calls - they said they had plenty in stock. I bet we can clean them out before they close at 8 pm EST. I did my part picking up some CFE to play with.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Finding components for me has been hit or miss at best. Most of the suggestions here I have call and been to several times and I almost always strike out.
I have yet to find any handgun caliber powders in stock anywhere but bought that trhough Gunbroker for an amount I'm embarassed to admit.. but I now have 5 lbs :)
IDC has been pretty good lately with primer and projectile availablility. He seems to always have CCI large and small primers and Berry's plated projectiles in stock. Powder, not so much. I always miss the last can when I'm in there.
Dennis has had Winchester primers in stock which I also grabbed but he hasn't had powder in months now.

Back
Top Bottom