"compliant" HK's

cb1

I have searched, but thus far to no avail. It was/is my understanding that new HKs cannot be sold here in MA because they don't meet the AG's regs. However, I have recently seen a number of supposedly new HK's for sale on some shops' websites. I also know a few guys who bought their HKs new here in MA. Anyone know what the deal with this is?

I ask one person and get one answer, I ask another and get a different answer. I thought someone here would probably be able to set me straight.

I have searched, but thus far to no avail. It was/is my understanding that new HKs cannot be sold here in MA because they don't meet the AG's regs. However, I have recently seen a number of supposedly new HK's for sale on some shops' websites. I also know a few guys who bought their HKs new here in MA. Anyone know what the deal with this is?

I ask one person and get one answer, I ask another and get a different answer. I thought someone here would probably be able to set me straight.

The deal is that some shops have different "creative" interpretations of the laws/regs than others do. (some of the interpretations are wrong, and sometimes they're wrong in your favor! ) some of the shops also maintain
inventories of guns which they don't normally sell to MA buyers, etc. (EG, I know of more than one shop that a third of their inventory is only for out of state gunbroker sales, etc. )

FWIW many HKs are on the EOPS roster but I doubt that HK has pinged the AG with letters stating they're going to "formally" sell the guns in MA. A given dealer could just assume that risk themselves (that a given HK is "AG compliant") and attempt to sell it and see if the AG whines or not, etc.

See Also:

MA Handgun compliance FAQ:
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37553

-Mike

There used to be a thread on HK's site (http://www.hk-usa.com/wforum/viewtopic.php?t=2472) where the custsvc account was telling folks that they were working hard on bringing H&K to MA. That thread is now gone. You can draw your own conclusions on that but I think they have pulled the plug on those plans and that I will never own a P30...[angry]

New info on H&K compliance. Despite the fact that they have excised their site of any mention of it, they are apparently still looking to get stuff on the list and presumably qual'd for sale to us second class gun owners.
We still have plans to get more pistols approved for sale in MA.

HK Customer Service
[email protected]

Heckler & Koch, Inc.
5675 Transport Blvd.
Ste 200
Columbus, GA 31907
Tel: (706) 568-1906
Fax: (706) 568-0244
www.hk-usa.com

Sent: Tue 10/14/2008 3:10 PM
To: Customer Service
Subject: MA compliance

A while back I ran into a post on your forums (http://www.hk-usa.com/wforum/viewtopic.php?t=2472
) suggesting you were hard at work getting stuff qual'd in MA. That
post is gone and no new changes here in MA. What are your plans for
here in MA? Also, H&K handguns sell used and 10+ yrs old for more than
new ones in other states. That has to tell you there is demand here
and if you are going to sell into CA, then there is no reason not to
sell here since the stupid drop tests, etc are done by the same
company at the same time (granted the AG here has her own crap you
have to deal with but I know all of your recent stuff should pass her
sniff test).

New info on H&K compliance. Despite the fact that they have excised their site of any mention of it, they are apparently still looking to get stuff on the list and presumably qual'd for sale to us second class gun owners.

Forget about "Getting more approved for MA".. get the ones that are already on the list in the stores to buy!!!

Tired of seeing a $700 HK running for $1100... [sad2]

I'm also waiting for a P30.. [angry]

Back
Top Bottom