• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Compliance modification

"but that she wasn't going to prosecute anyone"
'yet'.
you omit the 'yet' part. and your 'never' - what in the world makes you say that?
what, if anything, so bad is going to happen to AG, DA and governor offices if they will start those prosecutions? if it indeed going to start in april as some kept talking about?

or may not. and a 'win' there will only be granted if it makes it all the way to scotus that can take a decade of proceedings, and by the time it gets there - the scotus can look very different majority wise.
as with any political shit there are 0 guarantees for anything.
The typical esoteric legal theory that will be used: “because gunz”…

The typical esoteric legal theory that will be used: “because gunz”…
i would say broader - 'because reasons'.
the system is built in the way where it does not really have to justify its actions, nor bear any responsibility for wrongful actions, as long as it claims otherwise.

I'm fine with this because it only opens them up further. Now they have defined something in contrast to the atf. A pinned and welded muzzle device on a 14.5" barrel is measured as an assembly whereas they are saying it doesn't count and that you still have a threaded barrel which would then make your gun a SBR. They just need to rip the bandaid off go all in so we can get around to gutting this BS in court.

Why did I love the post?
Because if she does this it 100% will fast track
Nope.

Attorney will tell client - you have been offered a deal. Take it, there is no telling what a court will decide and persons who insist on a trial because they honestly believe they are innocent tend to be severely punished by the court for doing so. There are lots of prison cells occupied by people offered no jail time deals. Client will fold.

Glidden has been preaching this for probably 20 yrs now. It's nothing new and he's been training officers, LOs, chiefs on this interpretation all along.

In the MA marsupial court system, this interpretation will lead to a conviction. If it ever saw the USSC (very doubtful) it might fall, but not until that point.
This ties in tightly with the AG's declaration that the defendant has the burden to prove innocence, not the state to prove guilt.

Nope.

Attorney will tell client - you have been offered a deal. Take it, there is no telling what a court will decide and persons who insist on a trial because they honestly believe they are innocent tend to be severely punished by the court for doing so. There are lots of prison cells occupied by people offered no jail time deals. Client will fold.
There will be no deal in that sense because there will be no criminal prosecution. They will dodge that because they know its a big tripmine and they will lose. Instead, they will keep doing the same soft intimidation on the civil side theyve done very effectively for the past however nany years. They just want "the only shops at DTE" type fudds to be tugging on their suspenders pontificating about how "Joe Blows gun shop got shut down because it transferred a pwee Healy AR or something and how ARs are eeeeeleyegull! Etc. " abusing dealers in civil court with administrative garbage is cheap for them and I expect them to keep doing it like they have in the past.....

Maura is behind it. Glidden is just aiding and abetting.

Original sin applied to guns. That’s novel.
Nope, Glidden preaching this started before Maura was the DA.
There are around 650 FFLs in Mass, of which the vast majority will have MA dealer licenses.

I wonder if the AG would have sufficient resources to provide "qualified assistance" to them if each and every one calls in the AG to evaluate every single rifle coming into their possession.

Maliciously comply. Bury them with BS.
Nope, MA AGs have all taken the position that they do not have to answer any legal questions unless a gov't official is asking the question.
We may well win if the AG tries to prosecute this. But I’d rather not be the test case.
You won't win in a MA state court! Probably wouldn't win in the 1st Circus court either.

There will be no deal in that sense because there will be no criminal prosecution. They will dodge that because they know its a big tripmine and they will lose. Instead, they will keep doing the same soft intimidation on the civil side theyve done very effectively for the past however nany years. They just want "the only shops at DTE" type fudds to be tugging on their suspenders pontificating about how "Joe Blows gun shop got shut down because it transferred a pwee Healy AR or something and how ARs are eeeeeleyegull! Etc. " abusing dealers in civil court with administrative garbage is cheap for them and I expect them to keep doing it like they have in the past.....
and you are more than likely absolutely correct on all those points.
i like to tell same thing about all this - of what is the difference between smart and wise persons. smart ones finds a solution for any problem. a wise one avoids the problem by not placing yourself into a compromised situation.
i do not trust people who are at the helm now. and i find it to be an extremely naive idea to think that they will not unleash any terror just because it will eventually fail and be deemed unconstitutional. the whole agenda of the ruling regime now is unconstitutional, and it is winning, consistently and repeatably, at every turn.

and the 2023 is very different from 2016 on too many topics, to even begin comparing.

From Mauras website:

What if I already own a gun that is a copy or duplicate?​

If a weapon is a copy or duplicate of one of the models enumerated in the law, it is an Assault Weapon. The Enforcement notice will not be applied to possession, ownership or transfer by an individual gun owner of weapons obtained on or before July 20, 2016.
The AGO also will not enforce the law against a gun dealer that possesses or transfers a “copy or duplicate” weapon that was obtained on or before July 20, 2016, provided that transfers, if any, are made to persons or businesses in states where ownership of the weapon is legal.

by her own writing she saying pre July 20,2016 guns can be transferred, it doesn’t say future transfers are prohibited. YMMV

Last edited:
and you are more than likely absolutely correct on all those points.
i like to tell same thing about all this - of what is the difference between smart and wise persons. smart ones finds a solution for any problem. a wise one avoids the problem by not placing yourself into a compromised situation.
i do not trust people who are at the helm now. and i find it to be an extremely naive idea to think that they will not unleash any terror just because it will eventually fail and be deemed unconstitutional. the whole agenda of the ruling regime now is unconstitutional, and it is winning, consistently and repeatably, at every turn.

and the 2023 is very different from 2016 on too many topics, to even begin comparing.
I have never trusted "them"....and now isn't any different from 7+ years ago.

At the same time, I also don't give two f**** about whatever their opinion is either. Particularly not when "their" opinion is not based on real laws.

I guess my point is that if they really wanted to do something about this "interpretation" that they would have prosecuted a bunch of people by now. it's quite obvious that they have no legitimate avenue to do so. Otherwise the AG would have gladly started rapping dealers and gun owners back in 2016. Especially given that it was obvious that she was doing dog and pony shows to try to get anointed by the prospective "Clinton administration". If she had an avenue she would have taken it.

If you really are that afraid of these people you probably should just move out of state because merely not owning the things she doesn't want you to own is clearly not enough safety. If you believe in her ability to do something, then that also means that you believe simultaneously in her ability to create law out of whole cloth and at that point any one of us could be a victim of the system...... because this edict isn't any different than any other law that was made up on the Fly it's functionally no different from her basically saying it's a felony for somebody to fart in public..... 🤣

One of these days, i want to scour this site for posts and then do a Venn diagram of who says "leave MA", "MA stop comig to NH", and "don't come to the US, stay and fix your own country."
dont forget about the 'give the land back to whom it did belong and kick all paleface invaders back to europe'.

the intent there is to feed it to police for enforcement, and it will arrest you, take your ltc, confiscate all your guns, drag you into the court on those charges, will make you fired from your job, make you to pay $30k for a lawyer, for all that to be finally settled positively for you with charges dismissed - and leave you with all the guns stolen from you, no job and no future prospects.
This is why our side should set up a professional activist whose job is to intentional draw a case against themselves. None of that would matter to them short of going to prison because they are being taken care of. The left does this all the time, the right needs to learn how to do it.

Last edited:
This is why our side sets up a professional activist whose job is to intentional draw a case against themselves. None of that would matter to them short of going to prison because they are being taken care of. The left does this all the time, the right needs to learn how to do it.

You aren't implying that Rosa Parks was anything but a tired seamstress who didn't want to sit in the back of the bus, are you?

I looked through some of the other threads concerning AWB prosecutions. There’s hardly any on valid LTC owners. Mr Tassel got a pinned stock charge thrown out and there was a CO that got jammed up but it did not say the outcome. Anybody know the outcome of that case. I believe it was a RO served on him and he had a Colt AR Ma compliant.

Since 1998 how many valid LTC owners have been prosecuted for Comliant rifles and mags?

@RobBoudrie

I'm curious as to what prompted you to post this.

Is this not "old news"?

Did you just learn about this recently?
I only recently learned about the "AW cannot be brought into compliance by removing evil feature" interpretation. It does not seem to get mentioned in the various threads about having barrels pinned, who does the best job of it. having dealers pin barrels before delivery, etc.

I only recently learned about the "AW cannot be brought into compliance by removing evil feature" interpretation. It does not seem to get mentioned in the various threads about having barrels pinned, who does the best job of it. having dealers pin barrels before delivery, etc.
So she is making shit up too…wonderful

Nope.

Exactly this. The modern day trial tax. If you are facing 20 and the plea is 5-10, there should be no reason for it to revert back to 20 simply because the defendant wanted the trial. If 5-10 was good enough before the trial, why not afterward? Legal system. not justice.

Nope, Glidden preaching this started before Maura was the DA.

Nope, MA AGs have all taken the position that they do not have to answer any legal questions unless a gov't official is asking the question.

You won't win in a MA state court! Probably wouldn't win in the 1st Circus court either.
This decree makes it illegal to possess an arm in common use.
It takes it out of a regulation on commercial sale and prohibits an entire class of arms.
Will it be decided tomorrow? No.
But with the number of similar cases already in other circuits, I don't think it will be more than 18 months before the circuits split on possession of assault weapons.

Back
Top Bottom