Competition Shooting-Pawtucket RI

Hi everyone,
new to the forum, and read through the reviews, thought I would add one that was missing.
Competition shooting in Pawtucket RI.
Small shop, very friendly service. Well stocked and prices on guns are fair, ammo is actually pretty cheap compared to cabellas, or Dicks sporting goods.
John, the owner is very knowledgable and friendly. Always a good experience there.

Competition Shooting Supplies

435 Benefit St
Pawtucket, RI 02861
Phone: (401) 727-1716

Has anyone been here before?

Hi Bill,

I am open Tues-Thur 9:30-6:00pm
Fri 9:30-7:00pm and Sat 9:00-4:30pm.
Transfers are $20 per gun.

Regards,

John Francis
435 Benefit St.
Pawtucket, RI 02861

Last edited:
435 Benefit St
Pawtucket, RI 02861
Phone: (401) 727-1716
Has anyone been here before?

I've been there a few times and had good luck. I've also talked to members of my gun club that were very happy with them. They were able to get some Sig pistols that other dealers could not get. There prices have always been very competitive when I've shopped there.

-Cuz.

Awesome shop. John is a very knowledgable and friendly guy who will take the time to talk with anyone about any firearms questions they might have. He also will go out of his way to find what you are looking for if he does not carry it.
I have frequented other shops in the past, i.e. E.P. Firearms, and was so turned off that I just took a two year hiatus. Then I found John's shop. Glad I did, he in my opinion is one of the best dealers around.

I dropped in quick today, place seemed nice I am from MA and am looking for a place to buy reloads and reloading supplies. The person behind the counter seemed busy. Does anyone have a E mail or web site to contact direct. I had tried the phone but it always is busy.

I dropped in quick today, place seemed nice I am from MA and am looking for a place to buy reloads and reloading supplies. The person behind the counter seemed busy. Does anyone have a E mail or web site to contact direct. I had tried the phone but it always is busy.

compshooting (@) cox.net

I think lately John has been getting quite busy, and sometimes he has another guy in there to help run the counter, so as to increase customer service. Even if they are busy, it's worth the wait.

I just want to throw another plug in for John. I recently had some guns transfered through him and recieved top notch service as always. Keep up the good work.

I just want to throw another plug in for John. I recently had some guns transfered through him and recieved top notch service as always. Keep up the good work.
+1
Nice guy and very helpful.

Respectfully,
jkelly

Totally agree. I've NEVER had anything less than positive, friendly, service at John's place. Fair prices on guns and ammo and a fair selection of accessories and supplies. I'm don't re-load, but I gather that he has everything for the re-loader, as well. Easy access from MA, right off I-95 at Rt 1-A.

+1

+1, ditto that!

I have met John Francis twice, in his store. Both times he has been very courteous and friendly. He has taken many minutes with me to explain answers to my newbie questions despite my never having owned a gun or given him indication I was ready to put money down. In fact, he is downright easygoing, approachable, and happy to help.

+2, I have been there twice. Both times I was given great service. They had a decent supply of ammo and the guy running it was very friendly and genuinely felt bad for us Ma residents.

Just want to thank John for hooking me up with a sweet deal on a S&W Model 41 with all the goodies to help me get started in target pistol.

Competition Shooting Supplies - Pawtucket, RI

Does anyone have any thoughts on this shop? Looking for a new gun owner-friendly shop close to Northern RI.

John's a good guy. I've heard nothing but positive things about his store. I stop in when ever I'm in the area just to look around. I like that he carries Dillon stuff for my press so I don't have to pay shipping from Dillon.

-Cuz.

John is a great guy, and is an asset to gun owners. I do 95% of my RI gun shopping with him. His prices are very reasonable, and if he doesn't have it he'll order it right away.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this shop? Looking for a new gun owner-friendly shop close to Northern RI.

Purchased my first gun (a Glock) from John afew weeks ago and I've ordered an M4 OPS .22LR since then. He was very helpful and has answered all my newbie questions. I have been back several times since. Also found that his prices are good compared to some other stores I checked out locally. Recommended.

This is always my first stop shop anytime I need something. The prices are the best in the area so theres no need to shop around and Johns a great guy he puts people before profits and is always willing to help you find the best deal which is a quality thats hard to find in today's world.

This is always my first stop shop anytime I need something. The prices are the best in the area so theres no need to shop around and Johns a great guy he puts people before profits and is always willing to help you find the best deal which is a quality thats hard to find in today's world.

I first stopped in shortly after moving to RI. I can honestly say that 8 years later he's still my #1 shop and has become a good friend of mine. There's no smoke and mirrors with John, he doesn't BS you, he tells you the way it is and I admire that. He donates his time and service every year for the RI Friends of the NRA dinner where he orders guns at zero markup, does free transfers for all the people who win guns, and he also donates a gun or two.

John is also very knowledgeable of bullseye shooting which is a huge plus to those if us in the sport. He understands how ammo specific our guns can be and does his best to help us out. When CCI SV was nowhere to be found he managed to get a case in. He didn't put it on the shelf with a 300% markup, he didn't put it on gunbroker so he could rape someone there, he contacted those of us in the league (not just those on his team) that can only shoot CCI SV and sold it with his normal very fair markup with strict limits so that he could spread it around as much as he could. Granted he wasn't able to supply the whole league with the ammo, he did make it possible for some to shoot just a few more weeks until they could find more.

He's a class act and a pleasure to do business with.

I popped in here yesterday morning for a few minutes between shuttling my kids around. I was not looking for anything specific. Small store, but prices seemed fair. There were a couple old timers hanging out shooting the shit. Only one guy working the counter, I assume was John, seemed friendly and helpful.

If I'm not mistaken, I can only purchase non-large capacity long guns out of state and bring them with me.. so drooling over any new non-MA handgun was pointless.

CSS is shut down because of the rush on gun and ammo sales plus the virus:

Hello everyone. As I posted last Saturday, I have had to close until at Thursday in order process the immense number of purchase forms filled out. I am at the shop to do that and to receive shipments. PLEASE stop calling and coming down. I will not be able to get caught up with the constant interruptions. I understand many people are nervous and afraid, but everything will be ok. Society is NOT collapsing. Everyone needs to take a breath and calm down. The supply chain is being drained faster than it can be resupplied which is why most places are cleaned out. Thank you all for your patience under the current circumstances.

CSS is back open, I was there yesterday. Hours are erratic and selections of guns and ammo are limited. Unless you're local to Pawtucket, I'd suggest calling ahead to conduct any business.