• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Competition conflicts

I am filling out my calendar of events.
Last year was worse, no IDPA ,maybe 2 matches.
This year I have more chances at it.
The high power seems to be tough,with Reading and Nashua.
It's tough to choose between the 2 different sports, but to choose between 2 different High power compititions on the same day is tougher.[thinking]

It all boils down to what you like most. Pretty simple, at least to me.

I put anything and everything on the calendar around now and pick and choose as it gets closer. Harvard USPSA is the one I try to make every month because it's the most stages *and* the closest to me. I try to make every localish 3gun or long gun action match because there aren't that many. I try to pick up one other match each month, usually either new bedford uspsa or harvard steel. Mostly giving up on IDPA has made scheduling much simpler.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

I am filling out my calendar of events.
The high power seems to be tough,with Reading and Nashua.
It's tough to choose between the 2 different sports, but to choose between 2 different High power compititions on the same day is tougher.[thinking]

Mike,

What dates are you referring to with matches on the same day between NFGA and Reading?

Here's a link to the Northeast combined schedule
http://www.nfga.org/highpower/pdfs/20130109 NE Highpower Schedules.pdf

We made major efforts not to have conflicting matches at Nashua and Reading on the same day.
We did put some prone matches at one club on the same dates as cross the course matches at the other club.
The thinking is they are mostly 2 different groups of shooters.
(except ctc shooters will also go shoot prone only matches)

I still have to add Albany, WSA and pelham into that schedule so it will get busier.... lol

Last edited:
Now that I look, there are only 2 dates on my calender that conflict.
5/5 and 6/9.
Pretty good considering all the matches you guys shoot.
I also added Pelham already to my schedule.

Most of my issue is not enough handgun in the mix.
I'll just have to take it as it comes.

Mike,

What dates are you referring to with matches on the same day between NFGA and Reading?

Here's a link to the Northeast combined schedule
http://www.nfga.org/highpower/pdfs/20130109 NE Highpower Schedules.pdf

We made major efforts not to have conflicting matches at Nashua and Reading on the same day.
We did put some prone matches at one club on the same dates as cross the course matches at the other club.
The thinking is they are mostly 2 different groups of shooters.
(except ctc shooters will also go shoot prone only matches)

I still have to add Albany, WSA and pelham into that schedule so it will get busier.... lol

Back
Top Bottom