• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Compacts with the best out of the box trigger in MA?

Laura

NES Member
Other than the Glock 19, and I'm sure the HK VP9sk (though I've no experience with the gun personally), what other compacts have the best out of the box trigger?

I've never seen the PPQ in MA either but I still have my VP9, I've never let that one go, it's got the best trigger on any gun I own. I'd get the VP9sk in a minute if they had them available in the state...

compact/subcompact can mean anything nowadays but since you've mentioned the G19 I would say in that size range good triggers would include:
-PX4 storm compact
-92 compact
-sig P229
-CZ P01
-canik TP shorter grip pistols (eg elite)
-walther PPQ same pistol as the canik
-springfield XD compact - has very nice trigger IMO
-some people like the P320 trigger I personally do not

compact/subcompact can mean anything nowadays but since you've mentioned the G19 I would say in that size range good triggers would include:
-PX4 storm compact
-92 compact
-sig P229
-CZ P01
-canik TP shorter grip pistols (eg elite)
-walther PPQ same pistol as the canik
-springfield XD compact - has very nice trigger IMO
-some people like the P320 trigger I personally do not

I have the 92FS compacts and full size and all of them have trigger jobs. The compact was so heavy, I couldn't pull the trigger. I was told by the gunsmith it was way more than 12 pounds. Of all the guns sold in this state that I have in my collection - only the VP9 never needed work....

I have the 92FS compacts and full size and all of them have trigger jobs. The compact was so heavy, I couldn't pull the trigger. I was told by the gunsmith it was way more than 12 pounds. Of all the guns sold in this state that I have in my collection - only the VP9 never needed work....

for a 92 compact, install a D spring or have LTT in Arizona work their trigger magic
it doesn't need a trigger job
D spring is like $8 problem solved

if a trigger is physically too heavy for you that's certainly worth fixing, but generally speaking the "quality" of a trigger has little to do with how well the pistol can shoot. if one takes their time and learns a trigger any modern pistol can be shot very well. a good example is the Sig P320 for me. I don't shoot it well. I don't naturally jive with the trigger. however if i take a little time and dry fire it the gun will shoot as well as anything else in my collection.

I always thought that the sig 365 trigger felt mushy.

I get what you mean with the P365 trigger. The break is kind of a "thud" instead of a crisp snap you get with other good striker fired triggers. But for a factory trigger, it is still above par and has a nice reset. I don't notice this mushy feeling as much when actually firing, but I did immediate notice it when dry firing. Isn't this a subcompact though? Think OP wanted compacts like G19 size.

I love the 92 series, but not the compact.
If you want a solid MA gun, the shield 2.0 has a much nicer trigger than the last gen.
For a double stack I would go G19/26 or maybe a M&P9C 2.0, but I hate S&W semis.

The day you need to draw down gou will never notice that 12lb trigger .
Dont buy a pistol because of "trigger"
How it fits your hand and naturally draws and points for you under distress is far more important.

Not sure if serious, a shit trigger past a certain point, deters use and practice. There's no reason to settle for something less than what you
want, that's how people get into trouble.

-Mike

Is there a reason no sign of Kahr yet? I thought those were supposed to be good. If not, is there a fix?

Bodyguard 380

[troll]

Kidding aside, The Ruger LC9s has an awesome trigger out of the box for a $300-$350 pistol.

Springfield XDS has a pretty nice stock trigger.

After having held this gun in the shop, I liked the way this gun felt in the hands over the Sig 365. Soon to be my next gun in the new year....possibly followed by the original M&P 9c. I dearly wish HK would bring the VP9sk to MA though....

Not sure if serious, a shit trigger past a certain point, deters use and practice. There's no reason to settle for something less than what you
want, that's how people get into trouble.

-Mike
I think we need to establish what a shit trigger is , thinking service pistol mindset.
For the most part I think all factory triggers on compacts suck.
Im just pointing out that under stress and adrenaline rush you wont notice a triiger between on factory compact semi to the other. Im more inclined to say want the gun that points well with out manipulation.
Its all good

I think we need to establish what a shit trigger is , thinking service pistol mindset.
For the most part I think all factory triggers on compacts suck.
Im just pointing out that under stress and adrenaline rush you wont notice a triiger between on factory compact semi to the other. Im more inclined to say want the gun that points well with out manipulation.
Its all good

One of my guns had a trigger so heavy that I couldn't fire it with two hands pulling on it. That's a lousy trigger, but a typical MA approved gun. If I avoided buying guns with heavy trigger pulls in this state, I wouldn't own anything beyond a used Glock and HK VP9.....

One of my guns had a trigger so heavy that I couldn't fire it with two hands pulling on it. That's a lousy trigger, but a typical MA approved gun. If I avoided buying guns with heavy trigger pulls in this state, I wouldn't own anything beyond a used Glock and HK VP9.....
Very true about the MA trigger issue.
When Im looking at a new pistol trigger pull is the last thing im worried about. Especially if going to carry.
Needing 2 hands to pull a trigger is either a really bad trigger or weak hands or combination of both.
Good thing is Triggers can be worked over and fingers/hands can be strengthened.

A defensive gun doesn't need a perfect trigger. But a terrible one makes things harder.

A friend of mine who is a good shot, got into the FFDO program with the feds. They issued him a HK or Sig (I forget) that had a trigger that was (no joke) like 12 lbs.

He had purchased the same gun with a standard trigger so he could practice in advance of his training. After he got back we shot the 2 guns together. he shot the one with the normal (5 lb ish) trigger much much better.

Back
Top Bottom