• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

compacts compacts compacts

I've been reading this forum for a while and finally got around to joining. Figured I'd show my collection.
I think I'm due for a full size.
collection.jpg

Walther PPK/S
S&W Chief's Special 45
Para P10
Glock 27
Para WARTHOG (it's the same as the P10...but it's jazzed up)

Nice! Which of those do you like the best? I casually entertain the idea of getting a Walther PPK just because it's "cuteness" might convince my wife to give it a try....

I had a friend that would get slide bite pretty bad.

I've never had that happen once with my PPK's or PPs. I think that it's just the way that you hold it. I don't consider myself to have small hands. So I think that it's really holding it improperly.

Someone might have a better explanation. But that's my two cents.

I've owned and carried a German PPK/s .380 since 1977, probably put at least 1000 rds thru it and never had it bite me.

If you keep your hands in the right place, it shouldn't be a problem.

My PPKs doesn't chew on the web of my shooting hand, but it does nick the knuckle of my thumb. I was told those were love bites from the PPK [lol]

Seriously, the edges of the slide are very sharp. You need to hold the gun properly to avoid a serious cut. It fits my hand well, but my hands are large for a woman with long fingers, I have to place my hand well when I hold it.

I installed Pachmyr (rubber) wrap-around grips on my PPK/s shortly after I bought it.

They make the grip bigger, so this may not work well for everyone, but it might be the solution to someone who is finding that the gun rolls in their hand enough to bite them on recoil.

I like the WARTHOG the best.
The Walther is fun to shoot, and it's "cuteness", and of course it's the gun of choice for Bond, James Bond.

The model I have is PPK\S-1
The -1 is for the first revision made to this gun. On the -1 models the grip extend further over the web of your shooting hand. No "bites"

Firtree,

I've put a few thousand rounds through my .380 PPK and the only time I ever got a bite is when I held it wrong. Once. Ouch.

Other than that I love it. Small, reasonably accurate and very reliable.

Ross

Back
Top Bottom