• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

compact striker pistols accuracy

hessy

NES Member
View attachment 215412 CZ&G19@25yds.jpg With meaty barrels, crisp triggers and very comfortable grip, accuracy of the latest crop of service compact pistols became just great. Who needs a 1911 in 9 mm? Here are my CZ P-10c and G19 Gen5 at 25 yards. Was shooting rapid-fire at a piece of the splatter target and was wearing gloves; it was pretty cold and windy. The CZ is all-stock and the G19 is wearing Aerotek Novak-style night sights. Life is good!

Last edited:
I like CZ P-10c more because it fits my hand better than G19. Both are accurate and very reliable.

the limiting factor for accuracy is the shooter, not the pistol. this is another reason why the glock "marksman" barrel is straight up hilarious. spent 30 years touting polygonal rifling to now sell us a standard rifled barrel. i still prefer the polygonal rifling if for no other reason it's super easy to clean. then again someone will pop up claiming "hey but you can't shoot unjacketed bullets" to which I respond "when was the last time anyone shot unjacketed 9mm?"

Before that it was maybe 200 rounds yesterday, and before that it had been a while, I think Tuesday but that was maybe 300 rounds.

Squib308, I think the barrel in Gen5 fits tighter than in Gen4 and is of better quality. There is no reason to use polygonal anymore because of the proven leading problem. I think this is the right move by Glock and Gen5 is the best generation so far. For reference, I have been shooting Glocks since 1985. But CZ P-10c is the G19-improved as far as ergonomics. Right out of the box, it gives 1.5-3 inch accuracy at 25 yds. Also uses conventional rifling.

Back
Top Bottom