Comp-Tac -vs- Crossbreed

Agree with the other guys they are both a win win holsters... i personally just got a crossbreed and its amazing!

What gun do you carry with the supertuck? I'm looking for a good IWB for my SW1911SC E Series. I have wanted to buy a Crossbreed holster for a year or so, but never pulled the trigger(for my Springfield XD40).

I carry a full size USP. It conceals pretty well, but it's not totally invisible. I have to be careful when I lean forward. This is because of my choice of carry though, not the holster. The holster works damn well, and it's very comfortable. I carry between 4 and 5 o'clock on my waist, and I have to spend long stretches in the car sometimes, or sit for long periods of time at my desk, and it's very comfortable. I recently got a Commander framed 1911 so I could have a smaller carry piece, and I'll buy another Crossbreed for it.

Both are good holsters, I would be happy with either but I have leaned towards the comp-tac because the plastic clips (which I first did not like) have grown on me and don't squeak. I have both and trusted the crossbreed for many years before switching to a comp-tac in part due to a used gun that came with the kydex.

I carry a full size USP. It conceals pretty well, but it's not totally invisible. I have to be careful when I lean forward. This is because of my choice of carry though, not the holster. The holster works damn well, and it's very comfortable. I carry between 4 and 5 o'clock on my waist, and I have to spend long stretches in the car sometimes, or sit for long periods of time at my desk, and it's very comfortable. I recently got a Commander framed 1911 so I could have a smaller carry piece, and I'll buy another Crossbreed for it.
Both are good holsters, I would be happy with either but I have leaned towards the comp-tac because the plastic clips (which I first did not like) have grown on me and don't squeak. I have both and trusted the crossbreed for many years before switching to a comp-tac in part due to a used gun that came with the kydex.
Good to know, thanks for the info guys. Both look like really good, comfortable holsters

the only reason i chose comp tac over cross breed was the interchangeable kydex. other than that, they are both great systems.

I got a crossbreed during the last group buy and its been great. Conceal a Glock 19 with ease. Though the next time I get one I might go with the MTAC since the interchangable kydex is a nice idea.

I have the MTAC for my P239 and it is really comfortable. I like the interchangeability of it, as I can buy a body for my p226 and still use the same rig I'm familiar with. Never handled a crossbreed, but both seem good to me.

I have both. Changable bodies on comptac is nice, but it makes it a little thicker. My Crossbreed wins in every other consideration. I will only buy crossbreed for now on.

M-TAC for me. I love the fact that there are more carry options with it.
With the crossbreed, put it on and off you go. With the M-TAC, I can have it ride high or I can wear it low.

M-TAC for me. I love the fact that there are more carry options with it.
With the crossbreed, put it on and off you go. With the M-TAC, I can have it ride high or I can wear it low.

Just so you know, you can adjust the cant, and height on the Crossbreed too.[wink]

Just had to make this same choice...chose com-tac for lead time. Crossbreed was saying several weeks, ordered my comtac on wednesday and got it in the mail on monday. Looks very well made, but have not worn it yet, so cant comment on comfort. but I did eat the candy!!

Love my Crossbreed and have never had a more comfortable holster in my life. I carry a .45 Colt Defender concealed everywhere I go. I have an entire drawer of misfits. I will bet a com tac just to compare and carry my other on the other hip.

I just got a versa-carry holster in the mail today and I"m not really happy with it so I'm decided to purchase a either the Comp-Tac Minotaur or Crossbreed Super Tuck. I would love to hear everyone's 2c.
I Live on MA- north shore any know of any places that carry either so I won't have to wait a couple of weeks.

I have experience with both holsters.

The Crossbreed is not a bad holster. It is well made with decent materials and will last a very long time. The Kydex retention is excellent. The holster is adjustable for height and cant. Though, the adjustment is time consuming and requires a bit of patience and skill.

The Comptac Minotaur holster is a beautiful holster. This holster is obviously professionally made. The materials are choice, supple yet supportive and durable. The Kydex retention is excellent and easily adjustable. The Kydex on the Crossbreed needs to be heated and formed to adjust the retention. The Minotaur only requires the turn of a screw.

The Minotaur is adjustable for height and cant. However, the process is much simpler on this holster design. Rather than removing and moving the nuts on the holster ( pain in the ass with the Crossbreed ) you only have to remove the screws holding the clips, move the clips and reinstall the screws. Truely a much easier process.

After much use of each I highly recommend the Comptac Minotaur holster.

Also look at Sheilded holster , very simlar to crossbreed but litte cheap cost have one , foe M&P 45 love it will make any way you want , has great customer service too price includes shipping

Back
Top Bottom