• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Comp-Tac -vs- Crossbreed

I just got a versa-carry holster in the mail today and I"m not really happy with it so I'm decided to purchase a either the Comp-Tac Minotaur or Crossbreed Super Tuck. I would love to hear everyone's 2c.
I Live on MA- north shore any know of any places that carry either so I won't have to wait a couple of weeks.

I haven't seen any comp-tacs in any stores. If your looking to try one out, meet up with me, and you can check mine out. I'm in Saugus. They ship pretty quick.

Before this turns into a "this is better than that" thread. Let me say I have no experience with the crossbreed, but I do love the comp-tac, and just the fact that you can swap out the kydex shells, make it worth even more. I've seen the 2 side by side, and the quality of the comp-tac is far superior IMHO.

mtac here. only down side is the allens come loose. i suppose to loctite would solve it if i wasnt lazy. i'd buy another

I own a Crossbreed and it's nice but I didn't like the standard belt hooks. They have little crosses on them which seems good for branding but seems to be a dead giveaway that you're carrying. I paid the extra $10 to get the more discreet plain hooks. That being said, I've seen a Comp-Tac and it looks pretty much the same as the Crossbreed.

If I were buying another of this style, I would probably go with the Comp-Tac. Only drawback is that for these types of holsters, if you want to take the holster off, you basically need to pull your pants down. If I were going in the post office I would just take the gun out and leave the holster on.

I have a Crossbreed and love it. I think it's pretty much going to be a win vs. win - either are good choices... you can't go wrong with either one.

The metal clips on a supertuck can scratch your belt if you're wearing it with leather.

^This. When I got my super tuck and new belt last week, the scratches were the first thing I noticed. So, I changed the clips to the plastic ones that came with the holster. No more scratches (not very noticeable because I caught it in time). It's a comfortable holster and the gun belt I bought to go along with the holster makes a big difference.

As said, you can't go wrong with either. I personally own the CB, and love it, but will try the Comp tac next time just because the interchangeable kydex shells make more sense to me. You shouldn't need to have a separate holster for each gun (unless you have lot's of disposable income, and like having complete rigs ready to go). I personally like the metal clips on the CB, but I don't use a leather belt, so scratches are a non issue for me.

I have a Crossbreed Supertuck and I love it. It's been suiting me well for 2 years now.
What gun do you carry with the supertuck? I'm looking for a good IWB for my SW1911SC E Series. I have wanted to buy a Crossbreed holster for a year or so, but never pulled the trigger(for my Springfield XD40).

Then you should sell me the comp tac backing, so I don't need to keep switching.

Right now I have the p226 shell on the Comp-Tac for the once in a blue moon that I actually carry that brick. The PM9 shell sits in my box of misfit if holsters. Probably not really worth selling unless you want to buy both shells.

Never tried the Crossbreed, but love my Minotaur for full-sized 1911. Note that I don't even need to loosen my belt to remove the holster, but loosening it makes putting it on easier. The kydex belt loops are open at the bottom and slide easily over the belt.

Back
Top Bottom