• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Comp-Tac Rant

I ordered a new MTAC last week for my Sig 1911. I had ordered from the company before and was extremely pleased with the results.

My holster arrived yesterday and the gun would not slide into the kydex. I gave them a ring and found out that their 1911 holster option does not fit any Sig 1911's. It would have been pretty helpful if their drop-down menu on the website made mention of this. Then they directed me to their FAQ page where it states:

"Do you make a holster for my 1911?
Our holsters can accommodate most 1911s, but there are some that are not Mil Spec – which means they do not meet military specifications and are designed differently than most 1911s. Taurus 1911s and Sig 1911s are two types that are not mil spec and so do not fit in our holsters."

Great. So buried on a section that I would never think to visit before ordering, it says it will not fit my gun. Maybe it's my fault for not reading through the entire site before ordering, but I'm still pissed.

Last edited:
Yup, not a whole lot of holsters out there for the sig 1911's. I had been told crossbreeds don't fit either but I was over at First Defense and tried my sig ultra in a 1911 crossbreed and it fits perfectly. Another option is Garrett Industries. I emailed them and they said they could definitely make me a holster for the ultra, while comptac and crossbreed both told me in emails they don't make holsters for the sigs and have no plans to either.

Yup, not a whole lot of holsters out there for the sig 1911's. I had been told crossbreeds don't fit either but I was over at First Defense and tried my sig ultra in a 1911 crossbreed and it fits perfectly. Another option is Garrett Industries. I emailed them and they said they could definitely make me a holster for the ultra, while comptac and crossbreed both told me in emails they don't make holsters for the sigs and have no plans to either.

Garrett Industries makes some nice stuff. Great CS too.

That is exactly why I don't like the SIG 1911, because of the stupid proprietary slide profile that prevents it from fitting in many (most?) 1911 holsters. They used a proprietary slide profile so that it would look like a SIG P-Series. And in exchange, you can't use most holsters. Just a great trade-off. [rolleyes]

I don't blame Comp-Tac for this; I blame SIG.

You expected a Sig 1911 to fit into a 1911 holster? [rofl]

Maybe it's me, but I always assumed that a GSR will NOT fit into -ANY- 1911 holster (especially a kydex one!) unless the manufacturer specifically states that it will take a GSR.

-Mike

Crossbreed states their 1911 holsters will accommodate a Sig. I may check them out.

I guess I'll hang onto this one for when I finally get that S&W E-series I've been drooling over.

Last summer I ordered a "STI Spartan" holster for my STI Spartan (not a generic 1911 one). The gun would not fully go into the holster. I took photos and annotated them. I e-mailed customer service who were very apologetic and sent me a prepaid shipping label. A week or two later I get the holster back, it still didn't fit. I sent more annotated pictures back showing their crappy "fix". I showed them pictures from my other comp-tac holsters that did fit correctly. They happily sent me another prepaid label and refunded my money. I bought a Ready Tactical holster from CPWSA and never looked back. I was very disappointed, I have 4 of their holsters and 10 mag pouches from them and never had problems before.

I got some smarties yesterday too, they even threw in a 2 o'clock holster for my pm9.

Theyll return it wont they?

They wont refund shipping ($12), there is a 20% restocking fee ($17), and I pay to ship it back ($5).

I'll just hang onto it for when I get a non-Sig 1911 and pick up a spare kydex body for another gun that I can use now.

They wont refund shipping ($12), there is a 20% restocking fee ($17), and I pay to ship it back ($5).

I'll just hang onto it for when I get a non-Sig 1911 and pick up a spare kydex body for another gun that I can use now.
That's the good thing about those Comp-Tac's: replaceable Kydex.

Crossbreed states their 1911 holsters will accommodate a Sig. I may check them out.

I guess I'll hang onto this one for when I finally get that S&W E-series I've been drooling over.
Mine fits well, but the front sight is tearing the shit out of the inside (it's got Siglite night sights). The "tunnel" they mold in for clearance when you draw isn't quite tall enough.

Now you have a very good reason to get a real/traditional 1911 [smile]

I have a Crossbreed that fits my sig nightmare fastback while the same gun does NOT fit most leather I have.

I got mad at them years ago...
What made me order them was you could just order new kydex bodies for different guns and have the same worn in leather.
Then i went to order a new body and they said they redesigned it and the bodies dont fit my current holster ill need to buy another..
So i said screw them and bought a crossbreed or four of them..

I got mad at them years ago...
What made me order them was you could just order new kydex bodies for different guns and have the same worn in leather.
Then i went to order a new body and they said they redesigned it and the bodies dont fit my current holster ill need to buy another..
So i said screw them and bought a crossbreed or four of them..

I am in the same boat, it's crossbreed now for me also for the same reason

I wrote them a letter and never got a response. Also emailed. They could have atleast sent more candy.
Best part is i ordered three of them for friends aswell. They got the newer version i got screwed with the discontinued one.

Back
Top Bottom